The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Had to Google where Calvin Miller was now. Christ almighty, some fall from the mighty Super Ayr on loan from celtic,  to National League Chesterfield 😂

He’s not at Chesterfield anymore. He’s currently training with Morton. 

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye. No deal on the table yet but he is in training so we can have a look at him.

Based on what I saw of him and seeing Morton twice against us and once on the tele, he isn’t any better that what you have in terms of wingers. 

I am of course judging that on games he played for us a few years ago and he could’ve really improved and changed his attitude. Had a big tip for himself which led to McCall dropping him from the squad altogether IIRC. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Miller wasn’t great with us although don’t know if he/we knew where his best position was. We signed him as a winger but pretty sure most places he played as a right back/wingback 

He played as a fullback / wingback at Chesterfield played ok. To be fair he was better at Chesterfield than any game he played for Ayr.

But never a regular in the team mainly used as cover.

5 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

He played as a fullback / wingback at Chesterfield played ok. To be fair he was better at Chesterfield than any game he played for Ayr.

But never a regular in the team mainly used as cover.

The player that came in with him Nicky Cadden did alright at Morton but was mostly shit for us too. 

Miller was still young when he joined you boys, 21, so should he sign, I won't judge him on his brief time with you.

45 appearances for Chesterfield suggests he has something about him.

Good option for us as from what I remember, can play the whole left hand side. 

I do wonder if its Dougie planning for Strapp moving on in the Summer.

14 minutes ago, madton said:

Miller was still young when he joined you boys, 21, so should he sign, I won't judge him on his brief time with you.

I do wonder if it’s Dougie planning for Strapp moving on in the Summer.

Exactly what I was getting at. He was a bit stroppy and his attitude was all wrong with us but he’s older now and will be signing permanently so that may make the difference. 

why has he left chesterfield though? 

5 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Exactly what I was getting at. He was a bit stroppy and his attitude was all wrong with us but he’s older now and will be signing permanently so that may make the difference. 

why has he left chesterfield though? 

Manager didn't want him and I believe let him go to train up home and hopefully find a new club.

6 hours ago, madton said:

I wouldn't pay a single bit of attention to his time with us.  At the same time we had a useless Nicky Cadden as well.  

29 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

That's our home game against Hamilton off on Jan 7th thanks to yesterday's result. If Queens Park win their next tie it would also move the away game in February to midweek too. 

Absolute joke. 

No idea why on earth those mickey mouse cup games are getting prioritised at weekends over league action. 

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

No idea why on earth those mickey mouse cup games are getting prioritised at weekends over league action. 

Is there not a small % of gate receipts that goes towards the prize pot ?

Having the games on a Saturday might mean more folk will go rather than watching it on a Tuesday night in January or February. 

8 hours ago, madton said:

He might have a chance as your manager seems to like getting players back on track who have lost their way. Yeah i heard Strapp was heading to league 2 at some point so might be some forward planning 

So that's the club shop out of home tops following the Elite Sports administration. Suppose it makes a pleasant change for some logistics catastrofuck to have nothing to do with the club for once. Back to Nike for next season?