The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I wouldn’t be against paying a small fee for Mullin in January to secure him. Same with Chalmers but that’s probably pie in the sky stuff. 

Nothing is Pie in the Sky stuff now with David Smith at the wheel....

36 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Mullin is thirty, and is out of contract at the end of the season so I would be against paying any kind of fee for him tbh - as much as I like him. I don’t think Livingston should or will be expecting anything for him either!

Classic risk verses reward scenario.  The rewards of winning the league are massive for a club like Ayr . I'm still keeping my powder dry for the moment but if we circumnavigate the next two games unbeaten then it could be game on . I think at that point Smith may roll the dice . Gonna be an interesting window indeed , has Glendinning been busy down south ? Or are we looking at Premiership loans ? Anyway sticking Josh on a two and a half year deal seems like good business to me ....

1 hour ago, North British 2 said:

Classic risk verses reward scenario.  The rewards of winning the league are massive for a club like Ayr . I'm still keeping my powder dry for the moment but if we circumnavigate the next two games unbeaten then it could be game on . I think at that point Smith may roll the dice . Gonna be an interesting window indeed , has Glendinning been busy down south ? Or are we looking at Premiership loans ? Anyway sticking Josh on a two and a half year deal seems like good business to me ....

I don’t disagree, I just don’t think paying a fee for a thirty year old, with no sell on value -  who is out of contract in six months makes much business sense. I also don’t really see any reason Livingston would recall him in January. 

But yeah - two or three good signings and we have a real chance…

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t disagree, I just don’t think paying a fee for a thirty year old, with no sell on value -  who is out of contract in six months makes much business sense. I also don’t really see any reason Livingston would recall him in January

In a perfect world Livingston want him off their accounts in January and we step in with a two and a half year deal . Bosh . However the elephant in room could be a Morton , Thistle or even Dundee who would love to piss on our chips by gazumping us . Market forces and all that . Mullin while perhaps no longer the baller he was two or three years ago , is crucial to what we need right now , a grafter who works back and also comes with goals . We need to get him fixed up by hook or by crook . 

18 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

In a perfect world Livingston want him off their accounts in January and we step in with a two and a half year deal . Bosh . However the elephant in room could be a Morton , Thistle or even Dundee who would love to piss on our chips by gazumping us . Market forces and all that . Mullin while perhaps no longer the baller he was two or three years ago , is crucial to what we need right now , a grafter who works back and also comes with goals . We need to get him fixed up by hook or by crook . 

Happy to take him off your hands lads..

2 hours ago, cop said:

Good job there's no league game this weekend with the winter bug forcing the Dundee United friendly to be cancelled 

Looking at the weather situation, I'd doubt very much that many games would have made it in any case.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Looking at the weather situation, I'd doubt very much that many games would have made it in any case.

Without being a doom merchant looking at the long range forecast i'd say our game at Thistle could be in big doubt. Temperatures below freezing every night up until 18th December just now.

Mullin was kept out the cup game in case Livingston need him back imo. It’s unlikely to happen but they have to look out for themselves. I don’t think a PCA for him is out of the question but he’d automatically become our highest earner even with a drop in his current wage. I really hope we’ve at least asked Dundee United the question about Chalmers as well. He’s someone that we could pay a small fee for and make a profit on him in a years time if he improves.