The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Tasty club badge decorated empire biscuits now on sale in the ground. Honestly this season keeps defying all expectations. 

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

I'm quite particular about empire biscuits, was it iced to the edge and did it have enough jam in it? How much were they?

33 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

I'm quite particular about empire biscuits, was it iced to the edge and did it have enough jam in it? How much were they?

It was although perhaps could have had more jam in it. A tad pricey at £1.80 (I think) but all for a good cause. A perfect companion for a coffee. 

FB_IMG_1670161315220.jpg

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Hearts friendly today in Spain turning into WW3, reminds me of when we hosted that Cyprius team Limasoll i think they were called in a friendly under Roberts i'm pretty sure and someone ended up getting sent off as it descended into tackles flying in all over the place and all hell breaking loose. 

48 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

It was although perhaps could have had more jam in it. A tad pricey at £1.80 (I think) but all for a good cause. A perfect companion for a coffee. 

FB_IMG_1670161315220.jpg

Missing a trick there - the red football in the badge should be a cherry or a sweet.

I'll need to purchase one. 👍

Hearts friendly today in Spain turning into WW3, reminds me of when we hosted that Cyprius team Limasoll i think they were called in a friendly under Roberts i'm pretty sure and someone ended up getting sent off as it descended into tackles flying in all over the place and all hell breaking loose. 

Doesn’t even come close to the food fight our boys had with East Fife players on a ferry.

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The East Fife chairman coming out with this was a very weird comment.

"We are the only club in Scottish football with no debt. We get allegations flung at us all the time through jealousy."

The Ayr boys chucking food about cause they're raging at EF's lack of debt🤣

What an article that is, had no idea it existed.

2 hours ago, AuAl said:

"We are the only club in Scottish football with no debt. We get allegations flung at us all the time through jealousy."

Ah, East Fife. A name I haven't heard in many a year.

What league are they in now?

6 hours ago, AuAl said:

As someone who was on that ferry, I can confirm that the Ayr players were well behaved and weren't throwing food about. Unlike the East Fife players they weren't really drinking and kept themselves away from the other mob. There wasn't a mark on any of our guys, whereas a few of the EF players were covered in food. The teams shared a coach to the ferry terminal at Larne, seemingly a few of East Fife players were steaming before they got near the ferry. 

The police were waiting for the EF players when the ferry docked at Troon. They weren't speaking to the Ayr players.

And of course one of the teams was promoted at the end of the season. The other wasn't