The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yep bbc Scotland, not rated by any of the so call pundits won’t even make the top four, don’t know what they are on REALLY. That’s the best as a team we have played in a few weeks let’s hope we’ve turned the corner and we shut them up in the next few weeks, and Murray saying they are every bit as good as Ayr but lye in ninth place.

Young Ecrepont was ok just kept it simple McAllister never thought he had that in him absolutely outstanding and should have walked away with the man of the match.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who made the comments? 

Think it was Hately and the anchor. Crichton was much more informed and more or less shot down their beliefs that ANY team in this division would be able to sign Dipo but acknowledged that our resolve "could" be tested by a Premier league club.

You then had Rory Loy saying that he though Partick still had to be one of the main favourites for the league because they had Kevin Holt and Brian Graham 🤣

Honestly, it was mental stuff !!

I thoroughly enjoyed that today. Never really felt in danger for all of Raith's early possession and passing. Some great performances in defence. Young Finn did phenomenally well, our more experienced fullbacks could learn from his positivity and bursting forward.

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who made the comments? 

It was Lianne Crichton, Tom English and some English guy i'd never heard before.

Lianne Crichton was the only one who said that we'll still be up there come end of season. Tom English who is best buds with Ian McCall was raving about Partick firing up the league if they rediscover their early season form and the other guy said about Inverness.

Not really bothered tbh cause apart from Lianne the rest of them are usually always just concentrating on the premiership and the only reason they're discussing our league just now is because of the world cup. 

Come two weeks time when Premiership is back our league will barely get a mention. 

It was Lianne Crichton, Tom English and some English guy i'd never heard before.
Lianne Crichton was the only one who said that we'll still be up there come end of season. Tom English who is best buds with Ian McCall was raving about Partick firing up the league if they rediscover their early season form and the other guy said about Inverness.
Not really bothered tbh cause apart from Lianne the rest of them are usually always just concentrating on the premiership and the only reason they're discussing our league just now is because of the world cup. 
Come two weeks time when Premiership is back our league will barely get a mention. 

It was Mark Hateley I believe. The same one who played for England, Rangers, Milan and Monaco but is somehow an expert on the state of the Scottish Championship. Tom English really is an embarrassment of a reporter as well. Best he sticks to the egg chasing.

Tom English knows fucks all. His tears and snotters about Hearts getting relegated during the Covid-19 season should have got him binned by the BBC. An absolute charlatan! It's even more galling that the TV license pays his wages.

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know if anyone else heard the nonsense from the so called "pundits" on Radio Scotland post match, however they reckon Dipo will be going to Queens Park or Dundee in January

I thought Mathie made it pretty clear pre-match that Dipo's going nowhere in January unless it's for silly money, and called out the 'pundits' for not really knowing what they were talking about.

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Leanne Crichton

I recorded the Pollok game so I could watch it with the boy at the weekend, I have to say I agree with the punditry in Scotland being absolute garbage. Leanne Crichton is one of the most boring and dulcet tones ever to be recorded for a football game on the BBC 😐

Ally Mccoist at the world cup should be renamed Captain Obvious, as it's all he seems to point out.

Sportsound was nowhere near as bad as is being made out. Discount Hateley for having literally no idea what he's talking about and English for being an exclusively old-firm-focussed hack and the rest was fine. It wasn't just Leanne who mocked these idiots for having made their predictions without mentioning either of the teams who were top at the start of the day.

I had to do a double take when I heard them mentioning someone in our own league buying Dipo. Complete weapons.

Tbh though going under the radar is fine so I’d rather they were discounting us than hyping us up. The way they go on about Queens Park is laughable though, I’m sure I heard the word “fairytale” at some point.

Mullen's postmatch was pretty good. I'd honestly be surprised if he went back.

Where was this?

He sounded like he was very much happy to stay after the Partick Thistle game. Things can change very quickly but I’d hope he’ll be here for a season or two longer.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where was this?

He sounded like he was very much happy to stay after the Partick Thistle game. Things can change very quickly but I’d hope he’ll be here for a season or two longer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dlnbv4

38 minutes in

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The entire team were good today and they all pulled together for a pretty deserving and pretty comfortable 3 points. We weren't great but we never looked in any real danger and with this Ayr side you're always confident that they will score goals one way or another.

As others have said, the makeshift defence was excellent and I don't think McGinty lost one aerial confrontation and McAllister slotted in very well beside him as he harried and tackled everything on the deck and of course Ecrepont was brilliant at RB and adds another attacking threat with his quality whipped crosses, even on the wrong side of the park !! Reading was pretty decent today also, especially after his recent form dip.

I don't know if anyone else heard the nonsense from the so called "pundits" on Radio Scotland post match, however they reckon Dipo will be going to Queens Park or Dundee in January and that we'll struggle to make the play offs. The general consensus was that the top 4 would be Queens Park, Partick, Dundee and Inverness with only Leanne Crichton talking any sort of sense. The sad thing is that a couple of them (after making crazy statements) said they didn't actually know much about the sides or ANYTHING about their financial backers.

Honestly, what a joke our journalists and media are in this country. If it's not Rangers or Celtic or their "mates" then they have no interest whatsoever, yet are  being paid to give an opinion and have a discussion on subjects that they are completely ignorant about, you honestly couldn't make it up.......

I heard some of it. Shaking my head most of the way home listening to them. Leigh Ann Chriton ( don’t know if that right spelling ) spoke any sense . Most of them didn’t have a clue about the league any of the players and gave really bog standard text book answers I.e the top 4 will be thistle , caley ,dundee & Queen’s Park. I don’t know was the ex player commenting  at our game was on but he wrote us off from even making the top four. Really poor stuff from BBC Sportsound. You would think they would get in for a couple of weeks guys who follow this league who would know their stuff. Reminded me of World Cup pundits poor knowledge of all other teams apart from their favourites Ingerlund . 

I think we’ll be offered the chance to sign him permanently come January. He’s probably still able to do a job in the Premiership but Livingston will want a younger player to come in who’s got a bit of resale value.

Chalmers is a bit trickier. If we don’t go up I’d imagine he’ll have an offer from a Premiership club. Would like to think we could push the boat out a bit and try and entice him to stay though. Bullen was asked about incomings in January and only wants the right kind of player. Think he’ll fancy a defender and a midfielder.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was Mark Hateley I believe. The same one who played for England, Rangers, Milan and Monaco but is somehow an expert on the state of the Scottish Championship. Tom English really is an embarrassment of a reporter as well. Best he sticks to the egg chasing.

Tbh we are doing an Arbroath this season and I don’t remember any pundit saying they couldn’t win the league last season