The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Great result and another schooling for the doom and gloomers.Β  This Ayr team don't control games the way you'd expect teams at the top of the league should . However they seem to be able to win them .Β 

Β 

Hopefully that's Ecripont broke through,Β  may save us a bunch of cash in the window . Anyway is another tough one next week at Firhill , let's see how that goes . Only 8 points from safety .

30 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Hopefully that's Ecripont broke through,Β  may save us a bunch of cash in the window

Hope so, he certainly didn't look out of place today. He adds something that reading doesn't. It's always great seeing younger players do well like today, like Ecrepont and McAllister. Honestly never been this excited about an Ayr team in my life 😊

(Watching the Argentina Vs Australia game....how does Jason Cummings know the Australian national anthem so well? πŸ€”)

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

McAllister was absolutely outstanding today. Deserves a hell of a lot of credit.

Aye he was exceptional. I do love when someone proves me wrong so happy to admit eating some humble pie after not putting much confidence in him.

The entire team were good today and they all pulled together for a pretty deserving and pretty comfortable 3 points. We weren't great but we never looked in any real danger and with this Ayr side you're always confident that they will score goals one way or another.

As others have said, the makeshift defence was excellent and I don't think McGinty lost one aerial confrontation and McAllister slotted in very well beside him as he harried and tackled everything on the deck and of course Ecrepont was brilliant at RB and adds another attacking threat with his quality whipped crosses, even on the wrong side of the park !! Reading was pretty decent today also, especially after his recent form dip.

I don't know if anyone else heard the nonsense from the so called "pundits" on Radio Scotland post match, however they reckon Dipo will be going to Queens Park or Dundee in January and that we'll struggle to make the play offs. The general consensus was that the top 4 would be Queens Park, Partick, Dundee and Inverness with only Leanne Crichton talking any sort of sense. The sad thing is that a couple of them (after making crazy statements) said they didn't actually know much about the sides or ANYTHING about their financial backers.

Honestly, what a joke our journalists and media are in this country. If it's not Rangers or Celtic or their "mates" then they have no interest whatsoever, yet areΒ  being paid to give an opinion and have a discussion on subjects that they are completely ignorant about, you honestly couldn't make it up.......

Β 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The entire team were good today and they all pulled together for a pretty deserving and pretty comfortable 3 points. We weren't great but we never looked in any real danger and with this Ayr side you're always confident that they will score goals one way or another.

As others have said, the makeshift defence was excellent and I don't think McGinty lost one aerial confrontation and McAllister slotted in very well beside him as he harried and tackled everything on the deck and of course Ecrepont was brilliant at RB and adds another attacking threat with his quality whipped crosses, even on the wrong side of the park !! Reading was pretty decent today also, especially after his recent form dip.

I don't know if anyone else heard the nonsense from the so called "pundits" on Radio Scotland post match, however they reckon Dipo will be going to Queens Park or Dundee in January and that we'll struggle to make the play offs. The general consensus was that the top 4 would be Queens Park, Partick, Dundee and Inverness with only Leanne Crichton talking any sort of sense. The sad thing is that a couple of them (after making crazy statements) said they didn't actually know much about the sides or ANYTHING about their financial backers.

Honestly, what a joke our journalists and media are in this country. If it's not Rangers or Celtic or their "mates" then they have no interest whatsoever, yet areΒ  being paid to give an opinion and have a discussion on subjects that they are completely ignorant about, you honestly couldn't make it up.......

Β 

Who made the comments?Β 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Β 

I heard it aswell .hopefully someone from the club recorded it and plays it to them before the Partick game get them fired right up .absolute pish talk from the lot of them .ayr are top for a reason .we might not win the league but have just a good a chance as anyone in this league .dipo too queen's Park πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„