The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Two or three games with this back four… f**k me!

See tbh defensively it doesn’t worry me too much which might come as a surprise. McAllisters lack of height may come to be an issue but he dealt with Polloks long balls all night on Monday. It’s when the ball is with either of the two centre backs that I foresee issues. I’ve said it before but with Kirk and Musonda it was so much easier to try and play out from the back. That’s not to say we didn’t go long a lot but even their long balls were generally played with some idea in mind of starting an attack.

With McAllister and McGinty I don’t see much coming from the pair of them. McAllister in particular was fairly guilty of putting players under pressure with under hit passes or just plain stupid passes to Houston when he had a winger on him. Reminds me a lot of Muirhead from last season.

Dempsey and Murdoch are going to have the added responsibility of making sure they are available for a pass when the back two have the ball or it’ll just be an afternoon of aimless punts up the park to no one.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

See tbh defensively it doesn’t worry me too much which might come as a surprise. McAllisters lack of height may come to be an issue but he dealt with Polloks long balls all night on Monday. It’s when the ball is with either of the two centre backs that I foresee issues. I’ve said it before but with Kirk and Musonda it was so much easier to try and play out from the back. That’s not to say we didn’t go long a lot but even their long balls were generally played with some idea in mind of starting an attack.

With McAllister and McGinty I don’t see much coming from the pair of them. McAllister in particular was fairly guilty of putting players under pressure with under hit passes or just plain stupid passes to Houston when he had a winger on him. Reminds me a lot of Muirhead from last season.

Dempsey and Murdoch are going to have the added responsibility of making sure they are available for a pass when the back two have the ball or it’ll just be an afternoon of aimless punts up the park to no one.

I think the bigger issue might be their lack of ability on the ball, and they might actually deal with any long ball football from Raith to a better extent but they are both still a drop off defensively too. 

I imagine it will be an afternoon of aimless punts up the park, interspersed with giving the ball to Paddy to do something stupid with. 

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Two or three games with this back four… f**k me!

These next 4 games against Raith/Partick/Dundee and Morton will probably define our season.

It's either gonna go one of two ways, we'll either come out of them unbeaten and still up at the top of the league.

Or we'll win none and the wheels will have well and truly fallen off.

I hope it's the first thing i said...

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I saw a post on Twitter asking for the best Spanish player your club has ever had. Have Ayr United ever had any? I cannot remember us having any.

I checked the list of players who have appeared for Ayr.

We've had Canadian, Swedish, Slovakian, French, Faroese, Australian etc.... But no Spaniards.

So I guess it's now, who came from the closest to Spain? 🤔

14 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

We've had Canadian, Swedish, Slovakian, French, Faroese, Australian etc.... But no Spaniards.

I thought Castilla was Spanish because of his surname, but he's French.

14 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

We very, very briefly had a Portuguese player during the Stainrod era.

16 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I saw a post on Twitter asking for the best Spanish player your club has ever had. Have Ayr United ever had any? I cannot remember us having any.

We've had a player who played for Barcelona and Espanyol, that's the closest connection i can find.

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Juan Fuckall?

Just jesting folks. Delighted for you and your start to the season and hope to see again you next year.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Juan Fuckall?

Just jesting folks. Delighted for you and your start to the season and hope to see again you next year.

Someone has used that joke already, when I suggested Kilmarnock were signing German starlet Jurgen Doun in the summer of 2021.

Edited by Richey Edwards