The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

While playing bad and still getting results is a sign of a resilient team, you'd think it will catch up to us at some point, doesn't seem sustainable over the course of a season. And we're such slow starters, seems to take us the first half to warm up, then we start playing in the second. Maybe Bullen should give them a bollocking before the match starts instead of at half time.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It legit looked like that, and when he did get the ball all he did was pass it back or play a five yard pass to someone else. That along with some clumsy tackling is all he seems capable of.

That's a fair chunk it'll cost to pay him off when he's inevitably released at end of season.

I'd be giving either Bangala or Ashford a try at RB as it can't be any worse than what we currently have.

Think the biggest positives from last night were that we are in the next round and avoided picking up any injuries or suspensions.

Bit of a non event in the end. Pollock never really troubled McAdams and we forced their keeper into a couple of half decent saves in the first half. Once Dempsey scored it felt like it became a bit of training game.  We never looked in danger but at the same time, a one goal lead is never secure. 

Bangala had lots of effort so can't fault him there but I couldn't really tell what his role was and, if we are being honest, he looked really limited. Put himself about physically but decision making on and off the ball was interesting.

Might be worth letting him go out on loan for the second half of the season and seeing how he goes but I'd be surprised if he was here next season.  

Felt like the whole game had a feeling of just do enough to get through it. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I think anyone who thought Bangala was okay was very much looking for it - he made a few very basic passes under no pressure but outside that - he gave the ball away, didn’t break up play and just looked generally clumsy. He wasn’t any worse than Reading or JML though - very disappointed in both. 

If you’re being generous you can point to the fact he was far from the only one who was “unconvincing” last night.

I think most of us are desperate for him to do well after all the build up to him getting here, which is probably why we’re all trying not to write him off but it’s fair to say I wouldn’t be confident him playing a league game in midfield.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bangala looked like a deer stuck in headlights a lot of the time last night. Cant believe we waited and waited and hyped him up and hes been reduced to a few unconvincing appearances so far. 

That's just the way it goes sometimes, on the flip side Dipo was written off by many after our League Cup campaign and quite a few thought he'd struggle to score goals at Championship level and would not reach anything like Tomi's total but just look how that's turned out !!

Kirk has also been a huge find and in fairness virtually all of our new signings have either met or exceeded most of our expectations with the exception of Bangala, so we probably can't complain too much.

There was one point where Bangala was standing directly in front of McAllister about four yards away able to take the ball off him. McAllister must’ve hummed and hawed for a few seconds before deciding to just launch it up the pitch.

Either they have no faith in him or McAllisters decision making is appalling. I’d loan Bangala out and bring someone else in. Failing that, recall Mikey Hewitt and give him a shot. He showed more in a few games last season before his injury to warrant a start over Bangala.

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'd be giving either Bangala or Ashford a try at RB as it can't be any worse than what we currently have.

It really could get worse tbh…

Houston was actually coming on to a bit of a game pre injury, so hopefully that continues on Saturday. Reading is a far bigger problem at the moment IMO. 

Why? Houston has been fine for the most part. The criticism has reached massively overblown proportions when we’re suggesting that Sam Ashford play there.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That's just the way it goes sometimes, on the flip side Dipo was written off by many after our League Cup campaign and quite a few thought he'd struggle to score goals at Championship level and would not reach anything like Tomi's total but just look how that's turned out !!

Kirk has also been a huge find and in fairness virtually all of our new signings have either met or exceeded most of our expectations with the exception of Bangala, so we probably can't complain too much.

I’m perhaps being harsh but I’m not convinced by JML so far to be honest. Hoping he comes good and is an upgrade on Gondoh by a distance but I’ve been disappointed by him after my initial excitement when he first signed. 

Edited by ecocme

We appear to be playing Dundee United at Tannadice in a friendly on 10th December (challenge cup weekend)
Also who the feck voted for McGinty as man of the match last night

It was between either him or Dempsey imo. Dempsey for me as he scored the winner and strolled the second half but McGinty was really vocal as well and spent half his time telling McAllister and Reading where they had to be. He had a good game.

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I think anyone who thought Bangala was okay was very much looking for it - he made a few very basic passes under no pressure but outside that - he gave the ball away, didn’t break up play and just looked generally clumsy. He wasn’t any worse than Reading or JML though - very disappointed in both. 

As someone who has been anti McKenzie playing I genuinely think he is now our best option to play off Dipo - holds the ball up well, and does some excellent work  in the wide areas too. It is very strange as he was utter pish when played out wide but when he is able to drift over to either flank can help create. 

Spot on