The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Correct, we put 5 past I think Dumbarton or Berwick maybe, 2 for Paavola, hat trick for Diver. 

This has got me thinking about total random players who played for us that were either good, crap or I just remember them for no reason at all apart from being there.

Marco Ciardi

Mohammed Sylla - Not the one that played for Celtic

Jean Francois Peron

Dean Barrick - Excellent

Paul Shepherd - Think he got in trouble with the law

Luc Sonar

Russell Kelly

Alex Bone - Didnt live up to hype

Peter Lindau

Brian Christensen

There was a striker we had during the Dalziel years, had long hair, and ended up doing the travels in the lower leagues.  McDonald or something? its doing my head in trying to remember

3 minutes ago, diege said:

There was a striker we had during the Dalziel years, had long hair, and ended up doing the travels in the lower leagues.  McDonald or something? its doing my head in trying to remember

Colin McDonald aka Coco. Went on to Falkirk and C!ydebank.

We went through a spell of signing fabulous career goalscorers that then scored next to f**k all at Ayr.
Sam McGivern, Colin McGlashin, Tommy Bryce, Gordon Daziel, Ross Jack.

Tommy Bryce? 30 goals from 110 appearances isn’t that shabby.

Mike Larnach and John Brogan were two goal machines who failed at Ayr although to be fair to Brogan he only played 5 games on loan without troubling the back of the net and on checking Larnach’s record he was only prolific in a Clydebank jersey.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We went through a spell of signing fabulous career goalscorers that then scored next to f**k all at Ayr.

Sam McGivern, Colin McGlashin, Tommy Bryce, Gordon Daziel, Ross Jack.

I'm sure Sam McGivern scored around 15 goals for Ayr.

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Tommy Bryce? 30 goals from 110 appearances isn’t that shabby.

Particularly impressive since he played a lot of games in midfield, as did Colin McGlashan.

1 hour ago, Weekeith said:

Do the commentary for the Hospital Radio at Somerset  and remember a player we had from Crystal Palace I think, Nigel Jemson who scored a few and remember saying  at his first goal " what a gem from Jemson " how corny wiz that.

We signed Jemson from Bury, don't think he ever played for Crystal Palace. Dean Wordsworth was on the books at Selhurst Park before we signed him.

I seem to remember Jemson scoring something like 5 goals in 4 games while on a short-term  contract. He was then given a longer one, didn't score again and was gone before the end of the season.