The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With the situation now with Kirk i think this game is the perfect chance for Bangala to be put in at CB to see how he is, would rather give him game time to get up to speed instead of being potentially flung in at the deep end against Raith.

Can Bullen not play Bangala at CB (or indeed any other position) in a reserve match to see how he performs there? Why use what could be a very important cup tie - in the sense of future revenue depending on who we get if we beat Pollok - to see how he does?

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

With the situation now with Kirk i think this game is the perfect chance for Bangala to be put in at CB to see how he is, would rather give him game time to get up to speed instead of being potentially flung in at the deep end against Raith.

If Musonda is back though i'm 99% sure we'll be running Musonda/McGinty for December with Bangala as back up. 

Progression in the cup would help with funds for January as we're possibly going to require a CB. 

Musonda will play against Raith , I think McCallister will play alongside McGinty in cup tie , they have played together in some reserve games 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Think Houston is about ready , Mullin and Finn at a push will see us through until January 

Yeah - was primarily meaning for Pollok. Bit worried about the state of our back four for that one, but hopefully our quality in forward positions will see us through. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I'm hoping either you or Morton win the Championship this season, because you both have such wonderful grounds. 

You've probably been asked this a dozen times, but am I right in thinking there is nothing preventing Ayr (or Morton) from playing in the top flight with their current grounds?

It's a tight league, and there's a long way to go. But I'd love you to do it.  

With regards to your Cup game against Pollok, you'd be absolutely right to play your strongest team. They are a good side, and I witnessed them beat Huntly 6-0.

1 minute ago, G_&_T said:

I'm hoping either you or Morton win the Championship this season, because you both have such wonderful grounds. 

You've probably been asked this a dozen times, but am I right in thinking there is nothing preventing Ayr (or Morton) from playing in the top flight with their current grounds?

It's a tight league, and there's a long way to go. But I'd love you to do it.  

With regards to your Cup game against Pollok, you'd be absolutely right to play your strongest team. They are a good side, and I witnessed them beat Huntly 6-0.

They removed most of the criteria to play in the top flight so there is no issue with Morton or Ayr, or both, being promoted. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

They removed most of the criteria to play in the top flight so there is no issue with Morton or Ayr, or both, being promoted. 

That's what I thought. Absolutely tremendous. 

Both would be superb, too - Ayrshire & Renfrewshire derbies. 😋

Don't think the injury news should be any reason to let the manager or team off the hook for any poor results. On the contrary, it should be seen as an opportunity for each to show their worth. Every team will have injury and suspension issues at some stage so they just need to suck it up and keep winning. Especially if by the next league game it's really only Kirk who will be out from the best xi.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He played there in the league cup, if Musonda is injured then it is McCallister or Bangala purely because they are all we have that can play there

Bilham came on for Ecrepont with about 5 minutes to go against St Johnstone and played at left-back. Musonda and Kirk played the full match in central defence.

I would agree that McAllister and Bangala are the more likely options.

12 hours ago, rgreig said:

Can Bullen not play Bangala at CB (or indeed any other position) in a reserve match to see how he performs there? Why use what could be a very important cup tie - in the sense of future revenue depending on who we get if we beat Pollok - to see how he does?

We might have an idea later today. The reserves are playing Partick this afternoon.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:46, Lochwood said:

Lawson is one of the best midfielders in this league and can play anywhere, strong aggressive, exactly what we need but there is no chance Hamilton are t gonna let him go no chance, we should be targeting him for a pre agreement if we are allowed to that’s how thistle and Livingstone work every year, cherry picking the best players.

That's somewhat surprising to me, he was very quick with us but incredibly inconsistent. He plays LB internationally and that's where he played for us bar a few spells at CM and RW. Glad to hear that he's doing well though as he's a very lovable guy.

We don't really cherry pick the best players though, we have to sell players on the vision of a lower wage at the upside of a club getting them a bigger move within 2-3 seasons

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I think Kirk being out is massive. I hope I’m wrong but fear I’m not.

Aye, Kirk being out for that length of time is a massive blow and one that risks derailing our entire season. We’re going to have to limp to January with Musonda (who is currently injured and pretty injury prone according to Raith fans) and McGinty who can be okay is prone to bomb scare moments. We’re probably now looking at needing 2 centre half’s and a right back in January.