The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t be signed Lawson. He’s under contract and has zero resale value so it doesn’t make sense from that point of view.

Liam Grimshaw is out of contract and would easily slot in as our starting right back and can cover in midfield when needed.

Feel like there will be another random plucked from down South who can maybe do a job. Maybe a loan or two with a view to making it permanent like Dempsey. I don’t see the club being in a position to all of a sudden spend a fair chunk of money at the first sign of a potential promotion. We have to be smarter than that.

If it's a Right-Back yous are needing, Liam Smith is always available..

in all seriousness, please take him back, please.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Feel like there will be another random plucked from down South who can maybe do a job. Maybe a loan or two with a view to making it permanent like Dempsey. I don’t see the club being in a position to all of a sudden spend a fair chunk of money at the first sign of a potential promotion. We have to be smarter than that.

Harry Hudson Margate Fc . A random from down south .

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't think we ever played him at centre-back.

Would also have him back in a heartbeat. Great wee guy. One of the best wee guys.

Think he's played Centre-Back every game under Fox and it's not worked once.

Who would've thought playing a guy who's 5'8 at Right Centre-Back wouldn't work... 🤔

Cracking wee Midfielder too.

6 minutes ago, scamp1909 said:

Think he's played Centre-Back every game under Fox and it's not worked once.

Who would've thought playing a guy who's 5'8 at Right Centre-Back wouldn't work... 🤔

Cracking wee Midfielder too.

Playing football players in the wrong positions is one of those stupid trends that football managers are currently following, just because Pep Guardiola did it one time.

Give it time. It'll pass.

Edited by Richey Edwards

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Wonder how much money we get from the SFA for hosting these Scotland U19 games, would imagine it's a decent amount to cover cost of floodlights etc

Youd certainly hope the SFA would be footing the bill, they will be but I dont trust the SFA to organise anything correctly! I went along yesterday and between floodlights and stewarding costs I'd hope we'd be pocketing quite a bit. 

As for our game yesterday, disappointed to draw. Seems weird saying that as ICT were our bogey team for so long. Thought with the amount of injuries they had theyd be there for the taking. Ashford is a waste of a jersey imo. 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ashford is a waste of a jersey imo. 

It would certainly help if he could actually score goals. The number of chances he squanders is ridiculous. That and fouls conceded. He was driving me mad with conceding fouls yesterday.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

It would certainly help if he could actually score goals. The number of chances he squanders is ridiculous. That and fouls conceded. He was driving me mad with conceding fouls yesterday.

Yip, any time he gets the ball in a good area in the final 3rd I have no belief that he will score. Hopefully he gets one or two v Pollok and raise his confidence in that dept a bit! 

Edited by Thereisalight..

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip, any time he gets the ball in a good area in the final 3rd I have no belief that he will score. Hopefully he gets one or two v Pollok and raise his confidence in that dept a bit! 

I'm sure he had a tidy finish on his debut away to Hamilton and I thought we'd got a player. Hopefully it is just confidence and he can get amongst the goals against Pollok.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The only time he scored a decent number of goals in his career was when he played in the National League South in England.

At Crawley he got 3 goals and 2 assists in 29 appearances and he has 2 goals and 4 assists in 31 appearances with us. Can't fault his effort or work-rate but he is simply not good enough.

I would always start Young ahead of him.

Ashford must be the only player we have signed from the English lower or non leagues, whatever they are called that isn't a complete hit or dud. Obviously isn't as good as Dipo or Tomi, and I wouldn't put him in the Gondoh or Kenyon bracket either. Wonder if we will be raiding there again in January as I'm sure the scout guy has targets lined up, and with the success of Dipo maybe players see it as a more attractive option now.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you lads have a forum? I'm a bit strange in that I like having a nosy at other team forums but all I could find was this: http://www.somersetroadend.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

And that seems to average about a post a month...

Aye that's it as far as I'm aware. We've always just had quite a lot of posters on here. 

There was a forum a while back called honestpage I believe but that's long gone now. I wasn't on it, not sure why it ended.

Do you lads have a forum? I'm a bit strange in that I like having a nosy at other team forums but all I could find was this: http://www.somersetroadend.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0
And that seems to average about a post a month...

There’s the Facebook one that you have to be a member of to see or post anything. It’s a complete cesspit though and best avoided. P&B is the only forum that Ayr fans regularly post on.

55 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Aye stay well clear of the Facebook group/forum. I didn't even think to include it in my reply, cause it's a mess.

Actually, there are quite a few reasonable posters on that page. I always check P&B and it after games to get a variety of views.  You get your complete roasters of course, but P&B has it's fair share of them as well.