The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Appears Musonda's not away on international duty due to his injury. Don't know if it means he's got an outside chance of being available for Saturday or if his injury is more serious than first thought.

Him and Houston out for Saturday, JML and Chalmers in with a chance.

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

First time I've been down Ayr Town centre in roughly 6 months. Place is in a sorry state 😔 However, I saw something that caused me to lose my shit, so to speak.

Why, after it failing in Ayr before, are they opening 'The Rangers Store'????

It's shite like this that ruins local football teams. I've always backed my local team (I now reside in Troon and I occasionally appear at Portland park for the banter, whenever there's not a game on at Somerset.)

Ayr town isn't even half as good as what it used to be but to be throwing up a Shop, for a football team located 30 miles away, to appease the local glory seekers has pissed me off! If we finally get promoted, I'm certain they'll turn up at Somerset, pretending they were Ayr fans the whole time.

The Rangers shop failed before next to The Forum, back before the Sevco resurrection and when the forum had a physical presence 😅

With the brilliant position Ayr United are in now and how fantastic Cameron's and Club Shop are, under David Smith who has poured his heart and soul into the team, surely I'm not the only Ayr fan who is annoyed at this? 🤔 I understand 'Bigger team' but ffs 🙄

The high street is dead in every town in the UK, Ayr has been hit harder than some because it was the county capital almost and the majority of stores were there and serviced the towns round about. 

It will be interesting to see what plans are in place now the new leisure centre has been binned. Hopefully they will just bulldoze the Kyle centre, Hourstons and the Arran mall and turn it in to green space in the medium term rather than trying to lease it to vape shops for 3 months.

Begs the question, why, if all major retailers are moving out of towns and online, would Rangers retail see opening a physical shop anywhere outside of Govan as a good business move? 

Nothing like a record breaking skelping in Europe to drum up customers for a new Ranjurz shop.

I was out walking in Tarbert this afternoon and bumped into a well known Sevco fan.  We were talking about his English team (Swindon Town) which is definitely true as he has the tattoos to prove it, but rather mysteriously he now claims his "big team" is Leeds United. 

Reminds me of 2012 when all the local lads suddenly started wearing Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool tops for a few years and the pub bantz was strictly limited to the EPL. Can't think why.

15 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Nothing like a record breaking skelping in Europe to drum up customers for a new Ranjurz shop.

I was out walking in Tarbert this afternoon and bumped into a well known Sevco fan.  We were talking about his English team (Swindon Town) which is definitely true as he has the tattoos to prove it, but rather mysteriously he now claims his "big team" is Leeds United. 

Reminds me of 2012 when all the local lads suddenly started wearing Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool tops for a few years and the pub bantz was strictly limited to the EPL. Can't think why.

The company I used to work for was taken over and the management set-up went from hardcore Rangers to hardcore Celtic due to the location change. Ayr to Greenock.

Quite a few folk either shifted to Celtic or claimed they were Ayr fans all along and had no interest in Rangers. 

4 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Why, after it failing in Ayr before, are they opening 'The Rangers Store'????

Given that high street retail in Ayr is literally extinct, I would honestly put money on this being some sort of tax scam.

Incidentally I found it very funny that on the day of the Queen's funeral, the Celtic shop in Glasgow Airport was shut but the **** weren't.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is that joke shop that sells stink bombs still open?

I presume that's the one you mean over the bridge, aside from M&S right??

If so, it's been shut for about 10 years now.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hopefully they will just bulldoze the Kyle centre, Hourstons and the Arran mall and turn it in to green space

Cannot argue with that tbh.

Would have been nice to have seen an attempt and a sports venue type thing, ice skating and pool and so on, with yer nandos, bar and McDonald's upstairs for at a minimum a temporary lift in a ghost town. Too much to ask for really 😔 it's harder on the folks my age who (unfortunately 😂) grew up with the Kyle centre and the town being busy.

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It will be interesting to see what plans are in place now the new leisure centre has been binned. Hopefully they will just bulldoze the Kyle centre, Hourstons and the Arran mall and turn it in to green space in the medium term rather than trying to lease it to vape shops for 3 months.

Will probably all get demolished and get turned into social housing full of neds and junkies to stagger about the high street instead of giving them to young families in the local area who actually need housing.

Shouldn't complain however as it's usually our very own Dave Smith's Ashleigh Construction who build most of the social housing for the council so he'd make a few bob out of it. 

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Will probably all get demolished and get turned into social housing full of neds and junkies to stagger about the high street instead of giving them to young families in the local area who actually need housing.

Shouldn't complain however as it's usually our very own Dave Smith's Ashleigh Construction who build most of the social housing for the council so he'd make a few bob out of it. 

If they make it attractive enough that people will spend time in Ayr, the centre would attract more small cafes and restaurants like Troon and Prestwick, catering for day trippers rather that shoppers. It is a ghost town as it is, with the station hotel and half the shops boarded up, its a dump and they need a vision to change it. They won't have the money so flattening the derelict, publicly owned part would be enough. 

Are Rangers stores all corporate owned?

Sure this isn't just some daft *** thinking he can turn a profit with his "own" business

To be fair, unless they try the riddy Rangayr moniker, it'd be the only new business in Ayr that didn't force the word Ayr into a ridiculous, tortured pun for thAyr name