The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Back home seeing the old dear and despite not normally  watching football on TV she told me she stumbled upon then watched the whole of Friday's game and reckoned Lee Bullen is a "very nice man". 

Mums knows best 👊

I've met him and he is a nice man. Your mum is right.

My mum has zero interest in football but messaged me asking who "the big man" who plays for Ayr United is.

44 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've met him and he is a nice man. Your mum is right.

My mum has zero interest in football but messaged me asking who "the big man" who plays for Ayr United is.

Friday night football is a godsend for relationships between adults and their parents. I might even manage to drag my dad to a match at some point. Think the last time he was at Somerset was the 70s.

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Friday night football is a godsend for relationships between adults and their parents. I might even manage to drag my dad to a match at some point. Think the last time he was at Somerset was the 70s.

I was watching Fridays game with my dad (who supports Dumbarton) and he was in awe of Dipo. A few times he was like "fucking hell, he's good".

He wants to go to the Dundee game with me in December.

He doesn't like standing at games though. I got him a ticket for the Somerset Road End a few years ago and he left after about twenty minutes because standing was hurting his back. 

Edited by Richey Edwards

On 13/11/2022 at 14:59, grazza said:

Trying to think what the biggest transfer has been for a Scottish Tier 2 team in the last 20 years don't think any of them are close to what we would be looking for Dipo in January. 

Hibs got £1M for Cummings, although that was in the summer after winning the league.

Falkirk also somehow swindled £1M out of Norwich for Conor McGrandles, albeit that was including add-ons.

Football transfers now are all down to what the player is worth to the club rather than what he is actually worth in the market, you see it with the likes of Maguire etc down south.  Akinyemi being here till the end of the season and potentially firing us up is worth a minimum 1.7 million in prize money this year (winning the league) and next year (12th worst case scenario).  So, in my view it takes a 7-figure sum for him in January, which will never happen unless someone from the top end of L1 or the English Championship fancy taking a punt.  The figure falls dramatically if we don't go up and he's left with 12 months on his contract.

See Somerset is hosting Scotland U19 European Qualifiers on Sat 19th & Tues 22nd November.

With us playing Pollock at home on Monday 21st not entirely sure what state the pitch is going to be left in after 3 games on it in 4 days...

*ignore me just realised i'm a week early with the Scottish Cup match...

Edited by rb123!

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Somerset is hosting Scotland U19 European Qualifiers on Sat 19th & Tues 22nd November.

With us playing Pollock at home on Monday 21st not entirely sure what state the pitch is going to be left in after 3 games on it in 4 days...

Yeah I just noticed that the other day. Havent heard any news on "ticket" details. It's all very low key. I'll probably go along to both as I quite enjoy Somerset being held for internationals. Pitch should be alright as long as it doesnt piss down 

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yeah I just noticed that the other day. Havent heard any news on "ticket" details. It's all very low key. I'll probably go along to both as I quite enjoy Somerset being held for internationals. Pitch should be alright as long as it doesnt piss down 

53 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Both games are free entry with a 3pm kick off on Saturday and 7:30 on Tuesday. Turnstiles open an hour before KO but I imagine they'll only open the main stand.

14 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I've seen the man topless and he's ripped beyond belief. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest really. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

So in summary, Dipo is the thinking (or drinking) man and womans crumpet in Ayrshire ?

Rather than schools, they should have him tour Elliots and Ayr races and give free tickets away. 

Now edited. 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Free entry according to the Scotland website

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 21.54.48.png

First time I've been down Ayr Town centre in roughly 6 months. Place is in a sorry state 😔 However, I saw something that caused me to lose my shit, so to speak.

Why, after it failing in Ayr before, are they opening 'The Rangers Store'????

It's shite like this that ruins local football teams. I've always backed my local team (I now reside in Troon and I occasionally appear at Portland park for the banter, whenever there's not a game on at Somerset.)

Ayr town isn't even half as good as what it used to be but to be throwing up a Shop, for a football team located 30 miles away, to appease the local glory seekers has pissed me off! If we finally get promoted, I'm certain they'll turn up at Somerset, pretending they were Ayr fans the whole time.

The Rangers shop failed before next to The Forum, back before the Sevco resurrection and when the forum had a physical presence 😅

With the brilliant position Ayr United are in now and how fantastic Cameron's and Club Shop are, under David Smith who has poured his heart and soul into the team, surely I'm not the only Ayr fan who is annoyed at this? 🤔 I understand 'Bigger team' but ffs 🙄

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

First time I've been down Ayr Town centre in roughly 6 months. Place is in a sorry state 😔 However, I saw something that caused me to lose my shit, so to speak.

Why, after it failing in Ayr before, are they opening 'The Rangers Store'????

It's shite like this that ruins local football teams. I've always backed my local team (I now reside in Troon and I occasionally appear at Portland park for the banter, whenever there's not a game on at Somerset.)

Ayr town isn't even half as good as what it used to be but to be throwing up a Shop, for a football team located 30 miles away, to appease the local glory seekers has pissed me off! If we finally get promoted, I'm certain they'll turn up at Somerset, pretending they were Ayr fans the whole time.

The Rangers shop failed before next to The Forum, back before the Sevco resurrection and when the forum had a physical presence 😅

With the brilliant position Ayr United are in now and how fantastic Cameron's and Club Shop are, under David Smith who has poured his heart and soul into the team, surely I'm not the only Ayr fan who is annoyed at this? 🤔 I understand 'Bigger team' but ffs 🙄

That was a different clubs shop. 

Hopefully it goes the same way ASAP.

17 hours ago, rb123! said:

It'll be covered with dead fish. Not sure how you could expect pollock to last 90 minutes out of the water.