The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think if we went up the best thing to do would be to postpone the new stand for a season. Not sure how viable this would be business wise but we still have a good hospitality offering and we don’t need the capacity so it’s not the end of the world. More than likely we’d only be up there for a year anyway.

35 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I think if we went up the best thing to do would be to postpone the new stand for a season. Not sure how viable this would be business wise but we still have a good hospitality offering and we don’t need the capacity so it’s not the end of the world. More than likely we’d only be up there for a year anyway.

Are you under the impression that the north terrace holds 60,000 people? This would be an incredibly bad decision.

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You'd also lose a chunk of space for home fans as well as hospitality for the full season. 

The hospitality building could be rebuilt in the car park with an area of the stand set aside for viewing the game . Also it could herald a return to the Railway End for the Ayr support , it being the bigger end ...

11 minutes ago, North British said:

The hospitality building could be rebuilt in the car park with an area of the stand set aside for viewing the game . Also it could herald a return to the Railway End for the Ayr support , it being the bigger end ...

Hospitality could be a gazebo in the car park for all it matters. The notion that Ayr would be looking to hospitality as a key revenue source in the Premiership to the extent that it would upset redevelopment plans is just very silly.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

You'd also lose a chunk of space for home fans as well as hospitality for the full season. 

Tbh I've no idea what capacity the north terrace holds but I doubt promotion would cause our home fans to increase so much we would be turning people away at the turnstile.

I'm sure the club will have some alternatives in mind for hospitality. I imagine whatever the loss is will be compensated by the increased prize money.

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What is the capacity minus the North Terrace? How many away fans can we accommodate in those circumstances?

6100 is capacity excluding full North Terrace , believe there is an option to complete the restructure in 2 stages which would involve only partially closing the rear of the terrace and then the working on the standing area 

50 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

6100 is capacity excluding full North Terrace , believe there is an option to complete the restructure in 2 stages which would involve only partially closing the rear of the terrace and then the working on the standing area 

Sounds sensible. 👍

Still ridiculously tight at the top and a horror fixture in Inverness next weekend, let's not worry about next season yet. 

This

The six point gap was never going to last long and I’d be shocked if we get ourselves a lead like that again.

Still think we’re lacking a couple of things that would see us win the league but hopefully we can still be right in the mix come January and we can sort it.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

One more goal for Dipo to match Tommie's tally last season. BBC has McKenzie on 4 assists for the league which is actually a pretty good return too

Ironically the best thing to happen to the club in the last year was Tomi Adeloye turning down our offer. We might never have got Dipo if he hadn't 

6 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

Ironically the best thing to happen to the club in the last year was Tomi Adeloye turning down our offer. We might never have got Dipo if he hadn't 

Pretty sure at the time Bullen said the plan was to have both. That would have been something else.

Pretty sure at the time Bullen said the plan was to have both. That would have been something else.
Would have been interesting to see which way it went. Would Tommy have upped his game because of Dipo's level, or taken the huff because he's stealing the limelight. If they were both on their game they would have ripped this league up.

Would not have worked in the slightest imo. Akinyemi does a lot of the hard yards but he needs a grafter next to him. Young and McKenzie are perfect for him. Adeloye isn’t that type of player.