The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tonight was largely garbage, most of the best players were loanees, and 14 clubs will drop a bid on Akinyemi the minute the window opens.

STILL: this is a substantially better position to be in than at the same time under McCall!

There were only two loanees involved tonight as far as I’m aware and one of them Mullin must have been in with a shout for our worst player on the park so don’t understand that part of your post.

Keeping hold of him, even if we eventually lose him on a free at the end of his contract, could be worth a lot more to us than any amount of money a club would be willing to offer us. 
Plus he's a fucking icon already in my book. Dipo must stay forever!

This was the argument with Shankland and it’s a risky game to play. Ultimately the situation is slightly different as we have Dipo for another year so we have a stronger hand this time around. I can’t see the club gambling on losing him for nothing just on the chance we go up.

If we’re in this league next season and a team makes a good, realistic offer then I think we’d have to sell him and invest a good chunk of it back into the squad straight away. Btw that offer won’t be as good as some folk on here will be looking for. I reckon come next summer we’ll be looking at accepting something in the region of £350K with the real kicker being a sell on clause. That’s where teams make the most amount of money in fairness.

As an aside that was Andy Murdochs fifth league booking tonight which means he picks up a suspension (I think). If the rules are the same it’ll come into affect in two games time so he’ll miss the Raith game on the 3rd of December.

Mattman has his vlog up. Their chance definitely looks over the line.

Overall that was a brutal watch. Aimless long balls and I was certain Bullen was playing for a draw. It doesn’t matter though because that’s an incredible 3 points, and we should have scored a 4th. I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, but I’m starting to think we could do it.

9 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Mattman has his vlog up. Their chance definitely looks over the line.

Overall that was a brutal watch. Aimless long balls and I was certain Bullen was playing for a draw. It doesn’t matter though because that’s an incredible 3 points, and we should have scored a 4th. I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, but I’m starting to think we could do it.

Talk pish you can’t see anything from that video either

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

There were only two loanees involved tonight as far as I’m aware and one of them Mullin must have been in with a shout for our worst player on the park so don’t understand that part of your post.

Mulling was dreadful tonight...worst I've seen him play...his crossing / corners were poor and if passes to him weren't to feet he didn't appear to be interested... 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

As an aside that was Andy Murdochs fifth league booking tonight which means he picks up a suspension (I think). If the rules are the same it’ll come into affect in two games time so he’ll miss the Raith game on the 3rd of December.

Ahh f**k - huge loss. Paul Smith had stepped up well before, until last night, so hopefully he can again. 

If we can get in a McInroy style central midfielder - one who can play further forward but also deeper when needed plus a full back I think we can do this! 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Looks like Paddy Reading only one booking behind him. Injuries and suspensions going to be key factors in this league. We seem to be picking up a few injuries but we're joint top of the disciplinary stats atm. 

Edited by edinburghhonestman

Ahh f**k - huge loss. Paul Smith had stepped up well before, until last night, so hopefully he can again. 

If we can get in a McInroy style central midfielder - one who can play further forward but also deeper when needed plus a full back I think we can do this! 

Aye with Hewitt being away on loan and Bangala appearing to be either unfit or a dud, we could do with another option in there. Cover in midfield and someone who can play in defence would be ideal.

I’d love to have Steve Lawson from last night. Comfortable in defence and midfield and a good option from the penalty spot as well.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye with Hewitt being away on loan and Bangala appearing to be either unfit or a dud, we could do with another option in there. Cover in midfield and someone who can play in defence would be ideal.

I’d love to have Steve Lawson from last night. Comfortable in defence and midfield and a good option from the penalty spot as well.

Fully agreed - he is a fantastic player. 

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

So does anyone think Dave smith might put his hand in his pocket when the window opens to really bolster our position and really go for promotion? 

I don’t think he overly needs to - two players max and possibly the likes of Ecrepont, McAllister and Bangala out on loan. 

I think we should definitely be looking at 4 players in January. Not necessarily all singings, a couple of loans would do.

We absolutely need another centre half. Having only 3 proper players in that position isn't enough. If any combination of 2 get injured/suspended then we are in trouble.

We also could do with getting in another right back and left back because it's clear that we are very weak in that area for cover. Yes, Ecrepont played last night and looked decent, but he's played Mullin at full back over Ecrepont previously, so it's hard to see him as a solid cover for Reading. We could do with an established left back and possibly even send Ecrepont out on loan. McCallister is a shambles and is never the answer.

The last one I would say, is another good and solid central midfielder. Dempsey and Murdoch will always be first choice but that really only leaves Smith as cover and he's not at their level, so even him coming in slightly weakens us. Since Bullen doesn't seem to rate Bangala, we need another player for that position.

I get that saying we need 4 sounds a big ask for a January window, but if we want to maintain the push for a top four finish as the season goes on, we need depth in every position, and not just the forward areas.

Edited by Calayrdonia

Ecreponts assist was brilliant, the pass to him from Murdoch was minging and he made the best of it.  I'd give him a go at left back and if it's not a success look at a new full back for that side.  

We need someone better than McCalister in on the other side, we don't necessarily need someone better than Houston though IMO - don't rate him but I think he'll be enough when available.  

In an ideal world we would be bringing in two full backs a central midfielder and a goal scoring second striker . Pity Nicky Devlin , Danny Harvie , Kerr McInroy and Tomi Adeloye are all under contract elsewhere . Seriously though this league might just be there for the taking , a year or two early in the project nevertheless but it’s there for taking . Next four games are massive ....