The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Na, he's up in Hamilton I think. His daughter represented Scotland at athletics (400m) when a junior. Sure he had a coffee shop or the like in the town.

I’m sure there was talk of him and David Dunn, who played with us, having a sandwich/snack van somewhere in Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure there was talk of him and David Dunn, who played with us, having a sandwich/snack van somewhere in Hamilton. 

Yeah I think it was a sandwich shop.

I remember Monster telling me David Dunn looked like he'd actually cry when Ayrgirl asked him if he passed the sandwiches to the right people 😂

Edited by davidkennedyshand

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

He's honestly one of the worst players I've seen in recent years. At least I can remember Jerome fondly despite the goals drying up, I don't think Dunn ever scored for Ayr 🤔

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He's honestly one of the worst players I've seen in recent years. At least I can remember Jerome fondly despite the goals drying up, I don't think Dunn ever scored for Ayr 🤔

Not sure about goals but I remember him and Ryan Stevenson both getting sent off away at Alloa one time.  

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

He did once. An absolute screamer it was as well.

But aye, he was terrible.

10 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Yeah I think it was a sandwich shop.

I remember Monster telling me David Dunn looked like he'd actually cry when Ayrgirl asked him if he passed the sandwiches to the right people 😂

I remember someone (it might have been Monster or Ayrgirl actually) said to David Dunn at the POTY do that if he wasn't left-footed he'd be working in McDonalds.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Don't want to get ahead of myself here but that's not the first time we've picked up 3 points in a tough game when we've played poorly.

There's something special about this team. We also have Dipo, which is a big component obviously.

Just now, AuAl said:

Don't want to get ahead of myself here but that's not the first time we've picked up 3 points in a tough game when we've played poorly.

There's something special about this team. We also have Dipo, which is a big component obviously.

I actually love this Ayr team, and I love Dipo.

That was shite for 70 minutes. Didn't create much yet we are comfortably the highest scoring team in the division, shipped a lot of goals but defence doesn't seem particularly dodgy.

Finn faired decent, his crossing into the box was an instant upgrade on what we've been treated to this season. I hope he can challenge for that spot now.

26 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Can we really start dreaming now or shall we wait till after Xmas?

Tonight was largely garbage, most of the best players were loanees, and 14 clubs will drop a bid on Akinyemi the minute the window opens.

STILL: this is a substantially better position to be in than at the same time under McCall!

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Tonight was largely garbage, most of the best players were loanees, and 14 clubs will drop a bid on Akinyemi the minute the window opens.

STILL: this is a substantially better position to be in than at the same time under McCall!

I'd be flinging all bids in the bin.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd be flinging all bids in the bin.

Absolutely. But I've already seen suggestions of e.g. 250k. Suicidal nonsense.

I was a big fan of the club giving people long-term contracts even if they weren't that good. Proper sensible long-termism. and short of someone giving him a severe eye injury in a squash game it's difficult to see this having a downside.

Shankland was younger and has a better scoring record during his time at Ayr and it took him a month of being a free agent to sign for…..another team in the championship.

Akinyemi is on a 2 year deal, The clubs that could pay £250k plus in Scotland like Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs all spent big in the summer so I doubt and will be paying significant fees in January. 
Unless an English team comes in with a healthy bid, I’d expect him to be here until the end of the season at least. 
Offering him a pay rise and an extra year, with release clauses would be a very good bit of business just now. 

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Absolutely. But I've already seen suggestions of e.g. 250k. Suicidal nonsense.

I was a big fan of the club giving people long-term contracts even if they weren't that good. Proper sensible long-termism. and short of someone giving him a severe eye injury in a squash game it's difficult to see this having a downside.

Keeping hold of him, even if we eventually lose him on a free at the end of his contract, could be worth a lot more to us than any amount of money a club would be willing to offer us. 

Plus he's a fucking icon already in my book. Dipo must stay forever!