The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Based on a report looks like Musonda is doubtful for Saturday, so not just cramp like Bullen said., I thought he looked sore and with an ice pack on his calf when game finished .The boy saying he wants to be away with his country for a friendly the week we play Inverness so think he’ll be looking to rest up this week as well.

Musonda defo out of the game on Friday. 

8 hours ago, Nelson said:

Always felt sorry for Robert Connor.  Did his level best for the club at a time when we were basically reduced to paying mediocre juniors travelling expenses to help us make up a team.  Probably deserves credit for keeping us in League 1.

He is a good guy and managed us at a time when we didn't have two pennies to rub together. Towards the end of his tenure was dire though. 

No malice whatsoever towards him, he did his best performing a thankless task for not much in return.

He did sign Stevo, which gets him some credit.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Musonda defo out of the game on Friday. 

Bullen saying in the AP Houston basically has no chance either so it'll be McAllister RB again with Reading coming back in to LB, McGinty and Kirk CB. 

Bullen saying in the AP Houston basically has no chance either so it'll be McAllister RB again with Reading coming back in to LB, McGinty and Kirk CB. 

Think I’d genuinely give Bangala a chance at RB over McAllister. Or Mullin even.

Albinson

Mullin
Kirk
McGinty
Reading

O’Connor
Murdoch
Dempsey
Ashford (Chalmers if fit)

Akinyemi
Young

Something like that for me.

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think I’d genuinely give Bangala a chance at RB over McAllister. Or Mullin even.

Albinson

Mullin
Kirk
McGinty
Reading

O’Connor
Murdoch
Dempsey

Akinyemi
Young

I don't know if I'm underestimating Hamilton but since Mullin offers so much going forward I would only play him at RB if there was really no other option.

How likely is Chalmers to be fit?

McAllister isn’t brilliant but he is quite clearly a better option than Bangala or an out of position Reading. He didn’t even do too much wrong last weekend. He was certainly far better than Musonda who had a bit of a torrid time against Quitongo. 

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Albinson

Mullin
Kirk
McGinty
Reading

O’Connor
Murdoch
Dempsey

Akinyemi
Young

JML ???????????

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think O’Connor would choose to leave unless he’s given more game time. From what I heard it was touch and go whether he’d stay in the summer and I’m sure he said he was close to jacking it in and heading home before Hopkin got the sack.

I think he’s a good player but isn’t on the same level as Chalmers or Mullin.

Hopkin only managed him for 44 days before he resigned.  No buying it. 

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Albinson

Mullin
Kirk
McGinty
Reading

O’Connor
Murdoch
Dempsey

Akinyemi
Young

I'd be happy with Mullin at right back but only if Chalmers is fit. 

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Hopkin only managed him for 44 days before he resigned.  No buying it. 

He only signed the extension because he was promised more game time, obviously things changed when we signed Chalmers and Mullin and while he didn't do an awful lot wrong to deserve being dropped, I don't think anyone would argue that Chalmers and especially Mullin deserve to be ahead of him in the pecking order.

He's still a good option to have in reserve but with JML also there and Ashford as an alternative type, then we're certainly not short in that department.

I also get the impression that Daire needs game time and confidence to get the best out of him, so it's probably not ideal from that perspective if he's only getting 5 or 10 mins every couple of matches. Still, that's what happens when you carry a decent sized squad with pretty good quality and being fair to Bullen he's doing his best in trying to keep everyone involved and interested.

On 09/11/2022 at 15:19, Jazzar said:

I've had my doubts about my team but I've never given up on them. Might be an age thing admittedly but the club are in my blood, like it or otherwise. I can live with the disappointments - maybe it's because I've got used to it.

Boycotting isn't the same as giving up on your team though. At the time, we had a Chairman who was stubborn as a mule with regards Roberts and posted a blog saying he didn't care what the fans thought. I didn't renew my season ticket and picked and chose my matches. I didn't want my support of the club to be misconstrued for a man demonstrably not cut out to be the manager. Eventually supporter pressure told and the Chairman gave in. For the long term it was the right decision for the club. There are times we need to vote with our feet as supporters and its because we love the club that we have that responsibility. It's not a decision any fan takes lightly whether you have supported the club for 5 days, 5 months, 5 years or 50 years.

Edited by Trogdor

I was looking over all the posts about our recent history. Some good memories, some bad. Something came to mind that had me puzzled....

What happened to Jerome Varielle? Where did he go? What happened?

Edited by Roxanne's man

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I was looking over all the posts about our recent history. Some good memories, some bad. Something came to mind that had me puzzled....

What happened to Jerome Varielle? Where did he go? What happened?

He was old and French. 

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Na, he's up in Hamilton I think. His daughter represented Scotland at athletics (400m) when a junior. Sure he had a coffee shop or the like in the town.

He's a reasonable club runner himself these days. Also helps at Falkirk Victoria https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/80571-2/