The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Anyone else having issues with tickets?

Paid for it but didn’t redirect to the confirmation page to screenshot my ticket, and no email received. Got the confirmation to say that I had paid but no ticket!

Mine wasn't emailed to me like normal but I was able to download it from the confirmation page and save it to my phone there. 

10 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Mine wasn't emailed to me like normal but I was able to download it from the confirmation page and save it to my phone there. 

Yeah - I never actually ever check to see if I get it via email as I always screenshot it from the confirmation page. Typical! Seems to be an issue from speaking to the shop anyway but got it sorted. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bullen said cramp in his interview, same with McAllister

I thought McAllister twisted his ankle when he fell backwards 🤔

I'm wanting to know why O'Connor wasn't brought on for JML sooner. The ball was always played along one side of the pitch towards the end, JML on the opposite, was bullied quite a bit by the physical presence of Grimshaw 🙄

JML didn't get a sniff yesterday, Grimshaw did a good job of stopping him before he got in to his stride. I think he's the type of player who comes on as an impact sub when the opposition legs are tiring - he's certainly been better in those situations. Fingers crossed that Chalmers is back on Friday. 

I think sometimes we look at individual players, when the reality is that we largely bypassed the midfield and didn’t allow our wide players to get into the game. 

Grimshaw stopped JML legally once, he got by him a further three times and was then either fouled or created something. He wasn’t exactly electric, but did look to create when he got the ball. 

JML was largely fine yesterday but we still seem to have an issue with actually getting our wide players involved. When we do this, teams can’t live with us as they are being stretched. The other issue with missing out the wide players is that the supply to Akinyemi and Young dries up. They were feeding off scraps yesterday and it’s almost as if the game plan is to try and get knock downs and flick ons when the ball should be going wide first.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Feel kinda bad complaining about anything else but the quality is shit, looks like it was filmed on a potato phone. Straining my eyes trying to follow it.

It's verging on tinpot. Utterly embarrassing, fix the picture quality before puting commentary on it. 🙈

Edit - maybe that's why they put commentary on as a sort of audio description as you can't see what's actually happening. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

JML was largely fine yesterday but we still seem to have an issue with actually getting our wide players involved. When we do this, teams can’t live with us as they are being stretched. The other issue with missing out the wide players is that the supply to Akinyemi and Young dries up. They were feeding off scraps yesterday and it’s almost as if the game plan is to try and get knock downs and flick ons when the ball should be going wide first.

It feels like what Hopkin was trying to do tbh. "Now we play".

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I'd say JML is more of an impact sub for his pace when the game is stretched, unfortunately if he starts all the opposition revert to is cynically taking him out anytime he's on the verge of doing anything promising.

I couldn't agree more. There's nothing worse than going up against some wee fast nutter when your tiring towards the end of a game. JML would fit that role spectacularly. I'd have O'Connor starting, as he seems more capable of taking the physical presence of defenders.

Young looks like a fantastic player in the making, gave the goalkeeper a few good scares 😁👍