The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Top of the league .and folk are greeting about a highlights package .ffs a hard bunch too please us ayr fans .

You don’t think the situation warrants some explanation?  I could understand if the person who did the highlights for years was no longer available and the club was having short term difficulties putting some other arrangement in place, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  I presumed this might all be to do with club’s ill fated attempt to paywall content on Black and White TV, but as far as I can see that idea has long since been abandoned.  Now we just don’t get any match content at all.  It doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask the question what’s happened.

Top of the league .and folk are greeting about a highlights package .ffs a hard bunch too please us ayr fans .

If we had never offered a highlight package or one of poor quality I don’t think I’d mind as much.

It’s the fact that the club were doing really well with it and had a good thing and for some reason they’ve let it slip through their fingers. I appreciate the work that AU media do in their own time but it’s not fit for purpose to be handling streaming, interviews and highlights.

Did Alloa not do something whereby they got some sort of controller and operated pixellot manually during the lockdown season?  That may be better than the nausea-inducing camera work we currently have if there continues to be this insistence that it's all done by the aumedia team.  

I just still don't understand why the club are turning down someone who is offering to help produce a far better product than what is currently on offer.  Free or not, the lack of quality and reliable highlights seems to be in contradiction to everything else that is happening at the club right now.  The press conferences, interviews etc. are all grand but if folk are seeing decent quality highlights on YouTube then it might encourage one or two folk to come down and watch.  

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Well aye, we are top of the league after an entertaining match folk would like to see it back. 

3 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Issue was with them processing the purchase rather the stream itself. Although since they still stream every home game I've no idea why we've only had 3 highlight packages from 9 home games so far. 

Might as well hire whoever is behind that Saida Wiseman account as they at least upload them promptly.

His videos are genuinely not a lot worse than the quality of the last highlights we got from the club for the Queens Park game i think it was.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Going from what we had (Wuffster) to what we have currently is a big drop. To put a positive spin on it if this is the one of the few issues people have currently (not denying it is a problem) then happy days. I think a lot of Ayr fans myself included thought this season was going to be shite after the pre-season and league cup performances, but here we are top of the pile after 12 games and long may it continue. 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

You don’t think the situation warrants some explanation?  I could understand if the person who did the highlights for years was no longer available and the club was having short term difficulties putting some other arrangement in place, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  I presumed this might all be to do with club’s ill fated attempt to paywall content on Black and White TV, but as far as I can see that idea has long since been abandoned.  Now we just don’t get any match content at all.  It doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask the question what’s happened.

Has anyone actually contacted the Club about this ?#

And if so, were they given an explanation or their complaint acknowledged ?

On 27/10/2022 at 13:36, Iain said:
On 27/10/2022 at 12:36, Jeff Venom said:

Playing devils avocado, and tbh it's none of my business, was Wuffster a volunteer or paid? If the latter, perhaps the club haven't a budget at the moment for paid up media staff. If the former, then 🤷🏻‍♂️

all our media do it on a voluntary basis , all have jobs outside of this , maybe this prevents them from editing, my understanding is that the team is smaller than last season 

Watching the game tonight, Jack Baird is looking like the centre back I thought we were getting when he signed from St Mirren.  He got plenty of chances at Ayr though, so happy enough that we moved on with Musonda and Kirk.  Wish we’d signed Robbie Crawford all the same, given Bangala appears to be a turkey.  I’ll never not be baffled by the attitude of some Ayr fans to Crawford.