The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Brad Young was superb tonight, what a power of running the kid got through, he deserved a goal for his performance. 

Some of the runs he makes off the ball are superb.  Get the feeling he might start adding goals to his game in the 2nd half of the season - it's easy to forget the likes of him and Alex Kirk have hardly ever played a game of football at senior level before so are both learning every week. 

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've not gone to many games this year nor got overly positive about what I have seen but I think we are two fullbacks and a goalkeeper short of romping this league.  

Think Albinson has been decent this season. Fullbacks need competition.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think Albinson has been decent this season. Fullbacks need competition.

Looks about 2 foot taller than last year, admittedly I've only seen him a couple of times via a screen this season. But, looks far more confident than he was under Hopkin/Duffy. 

I don’t get the criticism of Albinson. He’s came on leaps and bounds from last season and is going through a spell where he’s making at least one or two big saves per game. He’s by no means perfect but I’m happy with him.

Houston and Reading could both do with better competition and back ups. Both are good players but are very liable to give goals away and Reading in particular has a horrible habit of getting caught under the ball. McAllister and Ecrepont aren’t going to push them further so I’d be looking to address that.

Albinson is a good keeper, great shot stopper but doesn’t fill me with much confidence when it comes to crossing and could boss the box more. Maybe that comes with different centre halves in front of him most games. 

When Thistle were throwing ball after ball into the box in last 10 mins the crowd seemed to be holding their breath every time. Whether that’s due to keeper or the amount of goals we concede from crosses.

Houston seems to be coming onto a game. Reading had an off game last night.

I definitely rate Reading but there’s no doubt he’s had a couple of iffy games.  That said, I think Graham is a really clever striker and was looking to drop off a bit at cross balls to use his physical advantage against Reading.  Fair play to Bullen who recognised that and put McGinty on, though ironically McCall Immediately subbed Graham - can only assume he was injured.  

Don’t get the criticism of Albinson - he’s barely put a foot wrong all season and made yet another outstanding save low to his left at 3-2.

Having seen the goals back I actually didn't appreciate at the time on the stream how well worked they were. I had in my head direct lumps and getting second balls. It's pretty clear 1/3 of the season in that when we play quickly and move the opposition about no team can really live with us.

A lot of top performances last night notwithstanding the hair raising defensive stuff, but a big shout out from me for Josh Mullin; he's sometimes unglamorous but his propensity for quality at the right time is terrific.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've not gone to many games this year nor got overly positive about what I have seen but I think we are two fullbacks and a goalkeeper short of romping this league.  

I agree with the fullbacks but Albinson has been fantastic. I'd also be willing to give Ecrepont a try. 

Interesting to hear Mullin talk about how much he enjoys playing in the current formation. It's definitely one that will lead to opposition chances, but so long as we can keep scoring one more than we concede it will be entertaining.

One-third of the season gone and things look generally positive. It's crazy that nobody in the division has managed more than six wins from 12 games though.

3 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

I agree with the fullbacks but Albinson has been fantastic. I'd also be willing to give Ecrepont a try. 

He could probably do with being loaned out to a league 1 or 2 side to get some game time under his belt. He's still pretty young, but feel like he's been around forever now. 

30 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Under 2800, with a big Partick support. Must be disappointing when you’re doing so well and getting no response from the Sevco dominated town. 

Must be disappointing somehow managing to have 20% of your season ticket holders not go to the games.

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Albinson has arguably been in our top 3 most important players of the season so far and has pulled off umpteen wonder saves so I'd definitely not be swapping him / dropping him for ANYONE in this league, that's for sure. In fact I'd be getting him in ASAP in order to try and extend his contract !!

Reading has also been pretty good up until the last couple of matches but I would agree that RB remains our weakest position.