The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jeezo this Pollok team don’t look half bad, glad we have a home tie tbh.

Aye had it been away it would’ve been a very uncomfortable game for us. I’d be expecting the difference in quality to shine through given that it’s at Somerset though.

Pollok are southside, they arguably have more skint students as fans than Partick do. It's not like Ayrshire juniors where the support is still hill folk.

Definite chance of an upset here, especially given that the club seemingly no longer gives a shit about the cups.

I'm not making it tonight. Mid week evening kick offs are too much hassle by the time I'm through at work. Can anyone recommend a dodgy stream? I searched for 10 mins last time and got one eventually but it was dire quality.

The last two games (Queens Park away & home) I missed we have won so hopefully the run continues... although it only works against Queens Park. 🤦‍♂️

I'm not making it tonight. Mid week evening kick offs are too much hassle by the time I'm through at work. Can anyone recommend a dodgy stream? I searched for 10 mins last time and got one eventually but it was dire quality.
The last two games (Queens Park away & home) I missed we have won so hopefully the run continues... although it only works against Queens Park. [emoji2357]

Club are offering the PPV to anyone that can’t make it. Have to pay for it though.

45 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

See the club are offering ppv to UK and overseas residents for £15 for tonight’s game.  Excellent news for those of us that cannot get to Ayr for the game and live in the UK.  

But, but, won’t that discourage Ayr fans from going to Parkhead to see Celtic?

Or something…

20 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Why?

I'd guess because if you are a walk up you pay once if a season ticket you are effectively paying twice? I'd expect it subsidised for season tickets as a minimum tbh. I'll no be paying for the delights of Calum in any case.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd guess because if you are a walk up you pay once if a season ticket you are effectively paying twice? I'd expect it subsidised for season tickets as a minimum tbh. I'll no be paying for the delights of Calum in any case.

The covid restrictions have long since been removed and had been way before the season started. The purchase of a 2022/23 Season Ticket is solely to allow stadium entry to all league games, nothing more. This was made clear by the club, and so for me, PPV should never be included or subsidised in any way. Unlike during covid, it's now a choice to attend or not and that should be the number one priority for the club.

I've no problem with them offering a PPV option, but they're right to sell it as a separate purchase.

9 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

The covid restrictions have long since been removed and had been way before the season started. The purchase of a 2022/23 Season Ticket is solely to allow stadium entry to all league games, nothing more. This was made clear by the club, and so for me, PPV should never be included or subsidised in any way. Unlike during covid, it's now a choice to attend or not and that should be the number one priority for the club.

I've no problem with them offering a PPV option, but they're right to sell it as a separate purchase.

I can understand that point of view. Covid-19 is a bit of a red herring though imo. As a season ticket holder who can't normally attend midweek games I would buy a subsidised stream, as it is I won't. It's a judgement call for the club over what would generate more income. They have come down on your side but I do wonder what would generate more income? A subsidised price for season ticket holders could generate more as those like me actually buy it. 

Frankly as a product I'm not sure it is actually worth £15. However, that's another argument entirely. I'm not sure pay at the gate is exceptional value either but gate receipts are the life blood for clubs at this level so you can understand the view to maximise it.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What he said 👆. I’d guess it could be argued either way though, it’s another case of the club can’t win. I’ll be there in person anyway