The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The problem is not the defenders. It's that we have four very attacking players and even Murdy and Ben like to try join in as well. Whenever we lose the ball we are wide open. I would probably sacrifice Brad Young and try get a tighter hold of games. That is by no means a criticism of Young who I think has done really well.

Aye you’ve got a point there. Very reminiscent of McCalls team in League One where we’d essentially be playing 4-2-4. You’re always going to gift chances regardless of how good your defenders are.

Wonder if Bullen will be so ballsy on Tuesday night or will he reintroduce Ashford on the wing and move either Chalmers or Mullin behind Akinyemi. Smith might be worth bringing back as well and go to a 4-3-3.

No surprise to see AU media bottle asking Bullen any form of question about the substitutions. They don’t even need to do it in a negative manner - “Chalmers was fantastic today - was he carrying a knack and that’s why he came off…” etc and include Dipo. 

It very much sounded to me that Kirk will drop out on Tuesday night, which I won’t be happy with at all. 

32 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

There's been a noticeable bump in attendances this season at home, by a couple of hundred it seems. Whether it maintains throughout the season though remains to be seen.

1,800 yesterday with virtually no away fans and the chance to go top of the league still isn't a staggering number IMO

Probably be more home fans on Tuesday night

1,800 yesterday with virtually no away fans and the chance to go top of the league still isn't a staggering number IMO
Maybe not but it's more than what we usually get, so step in the right direction and all that

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Last season was atrocious, we must have been 1,500 home fans at best for stages of it. We've done well to convinced the non-diehards to come back. I agree there is more to do but it's night and day to last season.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Last season was atrocious, we must have been 1,500 home fans at best for stages of it. We've done well to convinced the non-diehards to come back. I agree there is more to do but it's night and day to last season.

Looking back there were crowds last season way over 6000. 

Home to the winner of Pollok or Annan in the Scottish Cup.  Happy enough with that - while it's not the cracking away game to a non league side a lot of us will hope for, it's a winnable home tie against someone different.  Just glad to avoid the likes of Dundee Partick Inverness away etc.  

Hopefully its Pollok. Not sure of their crowd sizes but I'd expect a decent away support on a day out aka a bender. As funny as it is seeing the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline in League One it feels like we're in that league this season given the pitiful away followings.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Hopefully its Pollok. Not sure of their crowd sizes but I'd expect a decent away support on a day out aka a bender. As funny as it is seeing the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline in League One it feels like we're in that league this season given the pitiful away followings.

Aye if it’s Pollok it should be a good atmosphere. I don’t like slagging off away supports, particularly due to household budgets no doubt being tighter, but it’s really been awful this year. Cove and Queen’s Park do not have sustainable futures in the upper leagues with their supports. Look at Accies, now they’re down it looks like they are definitely staying down for a long long time.