The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Is that the worst triple sub when supposedly going for a win in the entire history of the world? I say probably.  Was immediately clear we would take a point. 

Screenshot_20221022-163351_Twitter.jpg

Aye, f**k off Bullen. I am still absolutely foaming at the mouth at that. 

Tuesday night is no excuse for that change, it's like he's saying we can't try to win both games. If anything it was this game we should have been all out for. Taking off the three players most likely to score is small man syndrome, at least keep one of them on.

Two points dropped. 

We looked quite shaky defensively today, thought McDonagh and Longstaff caused us all sorts of bother and we didn't really deal with them all game. Albinson kept us in it at times, he was desperately unlucky at the first goal as he made a tremendous stop from the first effort. It was a big call taking the front two off and the replacements only highlighted how poor they are at holding the ball up, we lost grip of the game after that. 

Roll on Tuesday, might even get a bit of atmosphere at the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Is that the worst triple sub when supposedly going for a win in the entire history of the world? I say probably.  Was immediately clear we would take a point. 

Screenshot_20221022-163351_Twitter.jpg

It was so frustrating, everyone in the stadium knew at that point the game was over. I don't mind bringing on JML but Ashford and McKenzie should only ever play if we are utterly desperate.

Cove number 7 looked a good player but we should have converted more of our chances.

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Is there anyone else that can play RB?

This seems very much like playing the player, as opposed to the game.

Other than being turned early on, Houston had a good game. If there is anything to comment on, it was the absolutely horrid performance Reading put in.

Classic Ayr dropping points on a day everyone else round about us drops points too...

Becoming apparent we're relying a lot on Dipo to score the goals, needing others to chip in.

Tuesday night will be interesting, is a double edged sword with the Partick result today... they're either going to have a rocket up their backside for Tuesday night or have their tail between their legs. 

The subs were totally bizarre. Chasing a goal, so let’s take off all 3 of the players most likely to score ???  Even better, let’s put on 2 workhorses whose probability of scoring is near zero. Class tactics. Unless Bullen knew things we were not privy to. We were a bit fortunate not to lose after that demonstration of tactical genius. Hope Callum manages to winkle out some logical justification from Bullen with his incisive questioning in the post-match. Not holding my breath.

Edited by jm86

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

100%. That's the worst substitution in a long while. We subbed arguably our three best attacking players. Dipo going off meant we had no outball and the punts became aimless. Fucking grim.

Not sure what was worse today, the officials or our defending.
Massive improvement needed for thistle on Tuesday, got a feeling we’ll be on the wrong end of a hiding 
Thought that too during the game today, despite knowing their score. Was entertaining enough game, at least the first half, but had a feeling that if we played like that against a Thistle we'd get punished. Could see Tiffoney running riot in it.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Despite taking the three of them off today got a sneaking suspicion Ashford may start on Tuesday.

I wouldn’t start Ashford up front over either Akinyemi, Young, McKenzie and if the first two were out I would just be playing one up front and playing an extra central midfielder anyway. 

As a wide midfielder, Mullin, Chalmers, JML and O’Connor are all miles in front of him, so yeah he shouldn’t be starting. 

If Bullen wants to be less open on Tuesday then fair enough, drop Young and play Smith - but don’t start shoehorning poor players back in. 

Dipo was clearly struggling with a knock and limped off and as for "taking a hiding from Thistle", you do know that they were just scudded 4-0 at home by the same side we slaughtered 5-0 just a couple of weeks back ??

I think some of you just try too hard to talk the team and the Manager down........

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Dipo was clearly struggling with a knock and limped off and as for "taking a hiding from Thistle", you do know that they were just scudded 4-0 at home by the same side we slaughtered 5-0 just a couple of weeks back ??

I think some of you just try too hard to talk the team and the Manager down........

I didn’t see him struggling whatsoever, but regardless playing McKenzie and Ashford up front together to try and get a goal is hilarious incompetence.

Obviously there is nothing to say we’ll get a hiding from Thistle,  we can quite clearly beat them.