The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Bit annoying that the team was the exact same one which last week pumped Queens Park and then put in that rather dugmeat performance today. 

Does seem to be a trait of this squad that it does always seem to need 2/3 personnel tweaks each game to keep things ticking over. 

Still think we'll finish mid table or maybe sneak into 4th, would be very surprised if by end of season top 3 isn't Partick, Inverness and Dundee in whatever order.

23 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bit annoying that the team was the exact same one which last week pumped Queens Park and then put in that rather dugmeat performance today. 

Does seem to be a trait of this squad that it does always seem to need 2/3 personnel tweaks each game to keep things ticking over. 

Still think we'll finish mid table or maybe sneak into 4th, would be very surprised if by end of season top 3 isn't Partick, Inverness and Dundee in whatever order.

I've not been impressed with either Partick (when seen them on TV) or Inverness and although Dundee were the better side yesterday there still wasn't any sort of gulf between the sides.

As we stand right now and given the depth of our squad, I honestly can't see why we shouldn't be realistically hoping for a top 4 finish and if not achieving this I think most of us (including the players and Management) would be very disappointed.

Not a great day yesterday but a win on Saturday against Cove and at least a point next Tuesday against Thistle and things will look a whole lot better !!!

29 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Planning my visits to Ayr for the rest of the year. Is there a reason we don’t have a fixture on wkend of 26th November? 

Scottish cup weekend. We come into the draw at that point so we will have a game. 2nd round is this weekend coming and I’m presuming draw will be shortly after. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Earlier kick-off times have been given the go for the winter to help reduce floodlight costs.

League have only said clubs can ask to change kick off times , my understanding is both teams not to agree , but did Ayr not release a statement last week saying after listening to fans they are staying with 3pm kick offs 

16 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

League have only said clubs can ask to change kick off times , my understanding is both teams not to agree , but did Ayr not release a statement last week saying after listening to fans they are staying with 3pm kick offs 

Presumably this will be led by the home team requesting the change or not.  I took the statement to mean that Ayr had no plans to try and shift our own matches, but I’m less clear what our position would be if we’re away from home and a request is made.

Is it in the club's interests to help others out financially while absorbing additional costs themselves? Would be frustrating if a rival turned around and used the money they saved on electricity to sign a player that helped them finish above us in the league.

19 hours ago, Nelson said:

Presumably this will be led by the home team requesting the change or not.  I took the statement to mean that Ayr had no plans to try and shift our own matches, but I’m less clear what our position would be if we’re away from home and a request is made.

Surely if we’re not wanting to change our own home games we’d be even less likely to agree to changing KO time for our away games. 

I think it is ok if it is a local team, Morton, Hamilton, Partick etc but it’s unreasonable if it is Arbroath, Cove or Inverness. 
A lunchtime kick-off would put a lot of folk off from travelling.

Having said that, they might make more from a selling a stream than would normally travel 

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely if we’re not wanting to change our own home games we’d be even less likely to agree to changing KO time for our away games. 

Not sure.  The clubs by and large try to maintain good relations with each other, so the away team may feel put in a position if the home team requests an early kick off.  A recent example was the Queens Park game being shifted to a Friday night which I’m sure Ayr grudgingly agreed to - it certainly didn’t suit the Ayr support.  I guess the issue for the away team is whether it upsets their pre-match routine too much which I suppose depends on the travelling involved.  An early kick off at Inverness would mean an overnight stay in a hotel which central belt teams aren’t very likely to agree to.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Not sure.  The clubs by and large try to maintain good relations with each other, so the away team may feel put in a position if the home team requests an early kick off.  A recent example was the Queens Park game being shifted to a Friday night which I’m sure Ayr grudgingly agreed to - it certainly didn’t suit the Ayr support.  I guess the issue for the away team is whether it upsets their pre-match routine too much which I suppose depends on the travelling involved.  An early kick off at Inverness would mean an overnight stay in a hotel which central belt teams aren’t very likely to agree to.

Queens Park is a bit more complex , they share a pitch with 2 other teams and are 3rd choice , if any of the other 2 teams are playing at home Queens Park need to play midweek ( normally the Friday) I believe