The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Iain said:

I saw briefly on Twitter that the club has started a Former Players Society. This is an excellent idea and I hope future events or commemorations are better publicised than a single post-fact tweet (I don't even think it's mentioned on the club website at all!).

Just to let you know it’s not run by the club , it’s run by a group who meet on a Tuesday in the Hub and going forward they will update the club 

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Just to let you know it’s not run by the club , it’s run by a group who meet on a Tuesday in the Hub and going forward they will update the club 

I hope it goes well. These guys personify the club's history and should be looked after.

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

I hope it goes well. These guys personify the club's history and should be looked after.

Yep.

All the matches, all the goals, all of the performances that are etched into our memories forever as fans of our football club - these men made them happen.

15 hours ago, Jazzar said:

I'm a bit late to the party but I'd always have John Traynor in any legends line-up. The guy was just great and a member of a certain coupon-bustin, cup-holders-disaster, winning team 😆.    

First game I went to was his testimonial against Newcastle. Never actually saw him play for Ayr in anger, but just for that fact I'd have him in as well. 

Too many early balls up to Dipo.  Basically missing out our own midfield which is nuts when you have players like Chalmers who are good on the ball.  We really need to use the ball better - you can’t go away from home and constantly give the ball away like that.  

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought we did enough to earn a draw today - and I love the attacking intent that the team are showing.  Yes we gave the ball away too much but we created chances and had a proper go at them (a team with clear title ambitions).

Struggling to see that.  Outside of the goal, we created virtually nothing.  

Struggling to see that.  Outside of the goal, we created virtually nothing.  

You could maybe argue that O’Connor was unlucky not to score but with the way we played overall I’d agree that we didn’t deserve anything.