The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In what possible world are those highlights in any way acceptable?

I've no idea what has happened between Wuffster and the powers that be but what we are left with now is embarrassing. Especially so when everyone at the club - rightly - talks about all the infrastructure improvements and generally professional vibe around the place.

Have a look at something like Raith TV and then watch our highlights; the difference is staggering. Raith's look like something out of La Liga compared to our Dukla Pumpherston effort.

You do feel harsh criticising volunteers as we did have one of the best co-commentators during covid and this season the match reports for reserve and academy games has been a good addition. 

However the last couple of years has had ongoing issues with audio and quality in interviews and streams, at the vision night I'm sure they filmed it only to realise at the interval it wasn't recording. Those in charge seem to be reluctant to seek feedback and others are using AUMedia to gain experience rather than bringing it so seems daft to get rid of an experienced guy. 

The buzz of waking up on a Sunday after a win was always good knowing the highlights were likely up. Now we have a random fan and the away team that lost 5-0 putting highlights up before Ayr and the need to see our own has worn off by Monday.

3 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

In what possible world are those highlights in any way acceptable?

I've no idea what has happened between Wuffster and the powers that be but what we are left with now is embarrassing. Especially so when everyone at the club - rightly - talks about all the infrastructure improvements and generally professional vibe around the place.

Have a look at something like Raith TV and then watch our highlights; the difference is staggering. Raith's look like something out of La Liga compared to our Dukla Pumpherston effort.

Have we released highlights yet? So far I've only seen some random persons highlights and Queens Park's highlights package. 

I agree, Raith's package is excellent and was the kind of video quality that wuffster was able to provide.

#bringbackwuffster

1 hour ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Would it not be nice if the Club gave a message of support to Frankie Musonda and his Zambia teammates in view of this news? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63200049

I'd imagine that both Musonda and Zambia would already be well aware of this as it happened while he was with Zambia on international duty last month.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the club doing anything but it's possible they don't even know about it as why would they unless Musonda had actually spoken to them about it ?

4 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Would it not be nice if the Club gave a message of support to Frankie Musonda and his Zambia teammates in view of this news? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63200049

Not wanting to come across as a dick but I don’t see why the club would say anything about this. The player in question has no connection with Ayr United or even Scottish football in general. 

I note that Dipo's feat on Saturday was actually a perfect hat trick. A header, then left foot then right foot. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Shankland scored a perfect hat trick plus another goal against Dundee Utd in the 5-0 drubbing.

I can’t recall any others off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

I note that Dipo's feat on Saturday was actually a perfect hat trick. A header, then left foot then right foot. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Didn’t Shankland do it when he scored 4 at Tannadice?

Shankland also scored one at the start of that season against Stenhousemuir in the League Cup.

Notice it hasn't taken long for the rumours to start about teams looking at Dipo. According to Football League World Bradford City, Burton Albion, Leyton Orient, and Morecambe are all interested. They can look elsewhere as no chance he's leaving in January.

5 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

........no chance he's leaving in January.

Unless he keeps bangin them in and we then get a crazy offer? We didn't make any money on Shankland - once bitten, twice shy?

Edited by Jazzar
typo

5 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Unless he keeps bangin them in and we then get a crazy offer? We didn't make any money on Shankland - once bittern, twice shy?

Would still say no in January unless it was crazy crazy money although different story in the summer if he didn't want to sign an extension and we had a replacement in.

For now just lie and tell them he's inferior to Adeloye and hopefully they'll go away.

Unless he keeps bangin them in and we then get a crazy offer? We didn't make any money on Shankland - once bitten, twice shy?

We can afford to knock back offers in January as we still have him under contract for next season. I’d only be letting him go in January for crazy money and provided the club had someone lined up to replace him.

On 09/10/2022 at 18:04, 1nickydevlin said:

Who was the best player we had before Shankland.? 

Hurst ?

Stevo, or the Moff.

9 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I am still bitter about the fact that one of the best Ayr teams I have ever seen got dismantled and we got f**k all in return.

I know it happens, but still.