The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Incredible performance today. Thought Chalmers and Mullin played very well today. Kirk and Musonda are definitely the best centre back pairing going forward. At times during the first half it was nervy watching. Queens Park had some periods of pressure.

Fortunately unlike the game last week against ICT we were clinical in attack. Albinson made some excellent saves and had a very good game.

If Dipo continues as he currently is, he will have contributed more than Shankland did in his championship season - just though. 

Dipo isn’t as clinical as Shankland, but is currently scoring as many goals - he has the absolute chaos factor and ability to drag opponents all over the place and run at them that Shankland didn’t though. I’m not saying that Shankland wasn’t also brilliant out with his goals too, but Dipo has an extra something. 

There is a long long way to go for him to even match Shankland though. 

13 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Dipo quite rightly getting all the headlines but it can't be understated how good Albiston has been this season safe to say most folk would have had McAdam as no1 big call for Bullen to go with Albiston and so far he has been spot on.

Albinson has been very good. I took an instantaneous dislike to him and McGinty when they conspired to concede that comical goal to Arbroath at the start of last season. However, they've proved me wrong and big Charlie is making crucial saves every game at the moment.

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

There is a long long way to go for him to even match Shankland though. 

That was my point when I posted the picture of Sir Lawrence. In the response to the suggestion that Dipo is the best player we've had since the early noughties.

If Dipo maintains his scoring and assisting levels across the season a strong case can be made but we're 10 games in.

I also think we could be in for big money if Dipo moves. He's got everything in his locker and the 'chaos factor' as you aptly put it. He's very hard to stop or even foul. I'm very glad he's on a 2 year deal.

That was my point when I posted the picture of Sir Lawrence. In the response to the suggestion that Dipo is the best player we've had since the early noughties.
If Dipo maintains his scoring and assisting levels across the season a strong case can be made but we're 10 games in.
I also think we could be in for big money if Dipo moves. He's got everything in his locker and the 'chaos factor' as you aptly put it. He's very hard to stop or even foul. I'm very glad he's on a 2 year deal.
He's triple threat scores screamers, tap ins and headers. He also creates and brings other into play and is not afraid to come back and help out at the back Sir Lawrence is still the best player we have had since the late 90s but ask me the same question in 6 months and I might have a different answer

47 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If these highlights due to be posted are dung...

Episode 2 Riot GIF by The Simpsons

Side note, I miss the one minute past midnight YouTube highlights package from the day of the game.

Nothing quite like waiting to 00:01 to watch the highlights of a good win.

I just got caught up with the match thread and lack of highlights. Having been unable to attend yesterday (still recovering from Friday night's exploits - I don't get much practice these days) I watched it via a decidedly dodgy stream. I was looking forward to some polished highlights. Where are they?

Moreover, I have just seen the news about Wuffster not being involved. I often wondered how the club managed to always make the wrong call. I had hoped we had gone past that with Mathie coming in. The situation with the highlights has me doubting that.

There's a feel good factor about the place so let's ditch the guy who has been doing quality highlights for as long as I can remember and allow those who can't even operate a camera, let alone ask interview questions to produce it. Really? Is that where we are at?

Get it sorted Mathie (I know you read this thread), is 'weareunited' more than a hashtag? For all the talk of being united that is divisive decision and I abhor it in the strongest possible terms. You have removed a timely quality product produced by a volunteer fan (who actually knows what he is doing) and replaced it with something utterly crap.