The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Looking at the latest scores this evening - I still don't know if I'm happy to see Queen's Park and Dundee are getting best or worried that Cove and Morton are winning 😬

Fucking hell Cove are beating Dundee 3-1. 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Looking at the latest scores this evening - I still don't know if I'm happy to see Queen's Park and Dundee are getting best or worried that Cove and Morton are winning 😬

Decided to take the positive spin - QP proving they are beatable after being on a great run.- huge game this weekend.  The fact we have won 3 home games in 2022 still worries me - having been at the game at Ochilview I definitely fancy us to create plenty chances again, but feel we will almost certainly concede. Just need to hope the chances fall to the right people - worrying that after 13 games it's only Dipo and Andy Murdoch with more than 1 goal. 

20 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Decided to take the positive spin - QP proving they are beatable after being on a great run.- huge game this weekend.  The fact we have won 3 home games in 2022 still worries me - having been at the game at Ochilview I definitely fancy us to create plenty chances again, but feel we will almost certainly concede. Just need to hope the chances fall to the right people - worrying that after 13 games it's only Dipo and Andy Murdoch with more than 1 goal. 

Give Mullen chalmers and Jml time. Jml looks a handful every time I’ve seen him but he hasn’t featured much. Young also looks like he can be important for us and the other two will come good imo

2 hours ago, rgreig said:

I asked the same question but since nobody replied I did some research. This was the best page I found - How Much Does it Cost to Run Football Flood lights - TACHYON Light. Obviously it does depend on the type of bulb used and the price per kwh that the club pays (given that the price cap doesn't apply to businesses we cannot assume the domestic cap of 34p per kWh). Basically using the type of bulb in that link (which I gather is a more efficient LED type rather than metal halide) it would be about 18 quid an hour to produce the required lux. Let's say ours are super inefficient or we pay a lot more - make that 40 quid an hour. 5 hours (?) on a matchday would be 200 quid worst case and possibly a lot less.

I sanity checked this by looking at other posts (all from before the energy crisis) which all seemed to indicate the energy usage of floodlights wasn't really too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Happy to be corrected by people who actually know what they are talking about though!

It would also be all the lights in the stadium, hospitality etc. 

Results helped us tonight if we're going to go for top half finish, Bullen really does need to get his selections right after 2 poor games from him, need to have better going forward than Sam Ashford especially at home where our form is very poor, also far more guile than Sam provides to break teams down. 

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Thinking of this and looking at the kick off debate - 2 of the home wins (Partick and Dundee) have been Friday nights - and the one before that was a Sunday v Raith as it was Boxlng Day.  So I think since we beat QoS at home on 16th October 2021, we have only won one home Saturday 3pm league game in a year since then - which was Lee Bullens first game in charge on 8th January v Arbroath.   

Beginning to think we should just play every game either on a Friday night or away from home 🤣

Or just make it a Saturday lunchtime to put us out our misery earlier. 

Edited by Hursty

I thought that too but then remembered we're playing on Friday.  Was your postponed Queen death game against Thistle? May be the reason you weren't playing last night.

On 04/10/2022 at 20:44, rgreig said:

I asked the same question but since nobody replied I did some research. This was the best page I found - How Much Does it Cost to Run Football Flood lights - TACHYON Light. Obviously it does depend on the type of bulb used and the price per kwh that the club pays (given that the price cap doesn't apply to businesses we cannot assume the domestic cap of 34p per kWh). Basically using the type of bulb in that link (which I gather is a more efficient LED type rather than metal halide) it would be about 18 quid an hour to produce the required lux. Let's say ours are super inefficient or we pay a lot more - make that 40 quid an hour. 5 hours (?) on a matchday would be 200 quid worst case and possibly a lot less.

I sanity checked this by looking at other posts (all from before the energy crisis) which all seemed to indicate the energy usage of floodlights wasn't really too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Happy to be corrected by people who actually know what they are talking about though!

Apologies for jumping back a fair bit here, on the energy cap question. I have read reports of business owners being quoted upto £1.05 per kWh, which is in effect trebling if not worse their energy bills, with one Hotel owner saying they were going from £400k/year to nearly £1.5m/year. I would assume the clubs have all had similar eye watering quotes for energy. 

10 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Apologies for jumping back a fair bit here, on the energy cap question. I have read reports of business owners being quoted upto £1.05 per kWh, which is in effect trebling if not worse their energy bills, with one Hotel owner saying they were going from £400k/year to nearly £1.5m/year. I would assume the clubs have all had similar eye watering quotes for energy. 

Being fed the Natural Gas is bad and renewables work line and believing it, all the while suckling at the teet of mother Russia

Putin has europe right where he wants it, just wish the green nazis in charge here would realise that selling our copious amounts of natural resources would be a net-benefit for the world 

11 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I had a look at the business support scheme (Energy Bill Relief Scheme: help for businesses and other non-domestic customers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)) and it appears that small business users should expect to get a discount of around 40% but it does depend on the specific contract they are on.

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Being fed the Natural Gas is bad and renewables work line and believing it, all the while suckling at the teet of mother Russia

Putin has europe right where he wants it, just wish the green nazis in charge here would realise that selling our copious amounts of natural resources would be a net-benefit for the world 

U ok hon? xx