The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well a lot of negativity on here and I can’t see why

We should have got something from yesterday but just didn’t get the breaks in front of goal, Inverness goal was where they got a wee break.

I would say that if you are getting 20 corners in a game you must make the goalie work and we didn’t so we must put some work in there at training.

In the first half we totally outplayed them and yes missed two very easy chances, 2-0 would not have embarrassed us in that half. For me only two players weren’t at it and not for the lack of effort as they both work there socks off and you know who they are.

I think we have a very good squad with good competition and am confident we will finish top four, and will get better as the season goes on.

For me Ashford and McKenzie are ideal players to bring on when teams are tiring with there pace and work rate, and I hope Bullen sees that with some changes next week.

Why change a winning team muzondo and kirk were playing fine the together but change it  for McGinty to get back in  3 defeats,the games he played.
Totally agree. I'm well and truly sick of watching McGinty. To me he's the equivalent of Shane Duffy, terrible at a ball playing team like Celtic but great at a team who have to be more defensive. Bullen looks like he wants to play football. Musonda and Kirk were playing well together, why change it?

6 minutes ago, AllySloan said:
12 hours ago, Aliayr76 said:
Why change a winning team muzondo and kirk were playing fine the together but change it  for McGinty to get back in  3 defeats,the games he played.

Totally agree. I'm well and truly sick of watching McGinty. To me he's the equivalent of Shane Duffy, terrible at a ball playing team like Celtic but great at a team who have to be more defensive. Bullen looks like he wants to play football. Musonda and Kirk were playing well together, why change it?

He was injured 

31 minutes ago, AllySloan said:
12 hours ago, Aliayr76 said:

The picture of the goal in VoR’s Daily Record story sums McGinty’s defending up for me, closest man to the scorer and he’s falling over!

Not entirely sure what to think about that - I don’t tend to make Ayr games a day out and only make the odd away game so in terms of that it doesn’t really bother me and gives you more time after the game. For those who enjoy a day out around games though, it’s pretty shit. I imagine it’ll clash with kids Saturday morning football too. I can’t see it being good for attendances generally. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not entirely sure what to think about that - I don’t tend to make Ayr games a day out and only make the odd away game so in terms of that it doesn’t really bother me and gives you more time after the game. For those who enjoy a day out around games though, it’s pretty shit. I imagine it’ll clash with kids Saturday morning football too. I can’t see it being good for attendances generally. 

While I understand why they’d do it I’m not a fan. Saturday 3pm is football time imo.

You’re also potentially shafting fans  who may have purchased a season ticket on the understanding the vast majority of games would be 3pm on a Saturday. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While I understand why they’d do it I’m not a fan. Saturday 3pm is football time imo.

You’re also potentially shafting fans  who may have purchased a season ticket on the understanding the vast majority of games would be 3pm on a Saturday. 

Yeah, I agree - shooting into the SRE as the floodlights come on can also be a magical experience. It’s a hard one for clubs! 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah, I would agree with that. Can understand why but I don't see this being a popular idea at all.

It would almost seem sacrilegious to kick-off at any other time than 3PM on a Saturday. 

Ideally we wouldn't be having to discuss changing kick off times, and maybe clubs can look at ways of harnessing cheaper renewable energy in the near future, but the energy costs of running floodlights are going to be so expensive that it's a conversation worth having.  

My heart says no but my head says it might be something that needs to happen in the short term at least.  I think we'd need to know just how many games would be moved, what would the potential impact on attendances be and look at the cost-benefit. 

Edited by super_carson

I think it needs to happen tbh, it's unappealing and I'm pretty unlikely to attend but it's a situation where it might actually be better losing cash from some fans Vs pissing money up the wall on floodlights.  

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

No thanks, will make further away, away games more difficult to attend.

1:30pm at the earliest IMO

1:30 seems to be a fair compromise of a time that isn't such a drastic change for fans having to leave early for away games and will still allow clubs to keep the floodlights off. However if clubs are of the mindset that if they're moving anyway they're as well going as early as 12:45 to avoid the blackout period and be allowed to stream domestically on a PPV basis again in the hope that gets more money in, 1:30 won't allow that.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

1:30 seems to be a fair compromise of a time that isn't such a drastic change for fans having to leave early for away games and will still allow clubs to keep the floodlights off. However if clubs are of the mindset that if they're moving anyway they're as well going as early as 12:45 to avoid the blackout period and be allowed to stream domestically on a PPV basis again in the hope that gets more money in, 1:30 won't allow that.

A lot of clubs PPV quality is still honking though so can't see fans rushing to buy

Yours is one of the decent ones having watched the cup game against your lot on PPV the other week

The fact that clubs are even floating the idea tells you how big the issues are around cost.  Might be worth a trial weekend to see how it impacts attendances.  If football was starting with a blank piece of paper, I doubt we’d be kicking off at 3pm in the dead of winter.

Works for me as I live in Dundee so would get PPV from me on a regular basis but would rather have that option at 3pm. The whole 3pm blackout thing in this day and age is getting a bit silly. Understand having blackout normal tv like sky and not having pubs showing games so local clubs get the focus at that timeslot and broadcasters can do what they want out with that but for normal club PPV should be permitted. In a world where vpn's and IPTV seem to be common place at least give people a legit option to stream the game and support their team.  Probably half the folk I grew up with in School live outside Ayrshire these days. I assume this is similar these days across the board, there is a significant number of folk that went to games as a kid but moved away. Streams would allow more folk to stay in touch and not drift away. 

Works for me as I live in Dundee so would get PPV from me on a regular basis but would rather have that option at 3pm. The whole 3pm blackout thing in this day and age is getting a bit silly. Understand having blackout normal tv like sky and not having pubs showing games so local clubs get the focus at that timeslot and broadcasters can do what they want out with that but for normal club PPV should be permitted. In a world where vpn's and IPTV seem to be common place at least give people a legit option to stream the game and support their team.  Probably half the folk I grew up with in School live outside Ayrshire these days. I assume this is similar these days across the board, there is a significant number of folk that went to games as a kid but moved away. Streams would allow more folk to stay in touch and not drift away. 
I don't go to many away games so having the option to legally view a stream would get my vote. As you say, it's easy to get a stream of the games but I'd still pay the 10/15 or whatever quid instead of watching it illegaly if it was an option. Let's be honest, away supports are going to get smaller over winter due to the rising costs so having that option will allow clubs to bring in a bit extra they otherwise wouldn't have had.