The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Not starting your best 11 is indeed an interesting tactic from Bullen.

We were excellent in the first half but just couldn't put the ball in the net and also got some bad breaks of the ball, second half we huffed and puffed a bit but credit to Inverness who defended really well, hung in there and took their chance when it came.

The bottom line is that we played well enough, there were no terrible individual performances or mistakes and the tactics were also fine, however sometimes you just don't get the breaks or fail to take your chances and basically that's what happened today.

Still all good for me.

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Not starting your best 11 is indeed an interesting tactic from Bullen.

Yup pretty frustrating to be honest. Going forward I’d like to see this as a starting 11

Albinson

Houston

Reading

Kirk

Musonda

Mullin

murdoch

Dempsey

Chalmers

Dipo

Young

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We were excellent in the first half but just couldn't put the ball in the net and also got some bad breaks of the ball, second half we huffed and puffed a bit but credit to Inverness who defended really well, hung in there and took their chance when it came.

The bottom line is that we played well enough, there were no terrible individual performances or mistakes and the tactics were also fine, however sometimes you just don't get the breaks or fail to take your chances and basically that's what happened today.

Still all good for me.

I agree with the majority of this post, but two player missed open nets- two horrific individual mistakes. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Feels incredibly harsh to criticise McKenzie and Ashford given their work rate, but we can’t continue to ignore how ineffective they are in the attacking third.   Young is surely due a start, and I would definitely like to see Kirk restored to the defence.   I was assuming we might change the shape to accommodate Bangala, but maybe he isn’t showing up well in training.

McKenzie isn’t terribly bad to watch he just doesn’t do enough to warrant a starting place. Ashford on the other hand gets plenty of the ball and does nothing with it. He is absolutely not a winger and cannot for the life of him beat a man with the ball at his feet. 

Never saw as many corners for us than we had in the first 20 mins! Ashford and McKenzie are never going to be out and out goalscorers and today reiterated that. 

As an.aside I heard a few old boys talking about potential 1pm kick offs soon to try and cut down on floodlight costs. Any truth in it?

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

McKenzie isn’t terribly bad to watch he just doesn’t do enough to warrant a starting place. Ashford on the other hand gets plenty of the ball and does nothing with it. He is absolutely not a winger and cannot for the life of him beat a man with the ball at his feet. 

Completely agree. I have said on here for months that Ashford is just not good enough and hopefully it is now obvious that we have far better alternatives in the squad.

Today was really frustrating - we will play far worse and win - but looking at the positives our subs in spells looked good and staked a claim for the starting eleven which will help.

20 corners and 3 shots in target tells its own story

first half hour we were great, nearly got caught a couple of times on the break but we dominated, game faded for the last 15 minutes. Needed changes at half time, it wasn’t happening for McKenzie and Ashford all afternoon, Mullens corners were mostly bad and he really didn’t do much. 

We concede another cheap goal and then make changes, Inverness killed the game and we didn’t threaten much. Chalmers did well when he came on, as did JML but Inverness packed their 18 yard box and we barely created anything. 
Disappointing result, not a bad performance.  

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As an.aside I heard a few old boys talking about potential 1pm kick offs soon to try and cut down on floodlight costs. Any truth in it?

The Inverness CEO was on off the ball, they spoke about early kick-offs to allow streaming. 
He said early kick-offs would cost Inverness because every away game would become an overnight stay for them they have to meet up then go for a pre-match meal 2 hours before a game. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Inverness CEO was on off the ball, they spoke about early kick-offs to allow streaming. 
He said early kick-offs would cost Inverness because every away game would become an overnight stay for them they have to meet up then go for a pre-match meal 2 hours before a game. 

Yeah I did wonder about things like that. Surely to fck Dundee at home on Christmas Eve would be moved to earlier? Who the hell wants to trail back to Dundee at (anytime?) but at that time on Christmas Eve

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah I did wonder about things like that. Surely to fck Dundee at home on Christmas Eve would be moved to earlier? Who the hell wants to trail back to Dundee at (anytime?) but at that time on Christmas Eve

Rumours are they are trying to change to the Friday night 

Home to Queens Park next week is a case of whether we are going for promotion or fighting relegation.   
You forgot mid table obscurity, the most likely option of the three. Although I could see a defeat next week being the catalyst for a really bad spell over the next round of fixtures.

Some *** on twitter reckons there is a rangers store opening on ayr High Street soon .this is a discrase if true and a real slap in the face for our club .I don't see how financially viable it will be tbh with all the online shopping. I'd rather Jeffery dahlmer moved next door than them having a shop again in our town .

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Some *** on twitter reckons there is a rangers store opening on ayr High Street soon .this is a discrase if true and a real slap in the face for our club .I don't see how financially viable it will be tbh with all the online shopping. I'd rather Jeffery dahlmer moved next door than them having a shop again in our town .

I don't think the joke shop is there anymore, so there is a gap in that market.

This would not surprise me one little bit going by the number of cretinous morons from both arse cheeks we see every day in the town.