The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

He came at a time where John Hughes, Paul lovering and Pat McGinley came with him. Honestly though, was dire. Did he not go out on loan from Ayr? 🤔

What a championship manager 01/02 team that was. Scally, Lovering, Teale, McGinley and Grady were unplayable! 

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

He came at a time where John Hughes, Paul lovering and Pat McGinley came with him. Honestly though, was dire. Did he not go out on loan from Ayr? 🤔

I always thought Renwick had a raw deal at Ayr, he played at right back and Hughes was right CH, Hughes regularly got himself in to a fankle and played hospital passes to Renwick and for some reason he got the abuse, from the crowd and Hughes.

Hughes was out for a couple of weeks and Renwick turned in to a decent player. 
He was a bit like McCall era Craig Reid for that team, a bit player surrounded by big names but was largely fine, the only difference was that Renwick was expected to play every week. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I always thought Renwick had a raw deal at Ayr, he played at right back and Hughes was right CH, Hughes regularly got himself in to a fankle and played hospital passes to Renwick and for some reason he got the abuse, from the crowd and Hughes.

Hughes was out for a couple of weeks and Renwick turned in to a decent player. 
He was a bit like McCall era Craig Reid for that team, a bit player surrounded by big names but was largely fine, the only difference was that Renwick was expected to play every week. 

Agreed, I didn't think Renwick was that bad at all.

Mark Duthie on the other hand definitely goes down as the biggest "high profile" dumpling that we ever signed. If I'm not mistaken, the rumour was that Barr was owed around £40k - £60k by Livingston and we had the choice of any of their players, as such we acquired Duthie and the debt was written off.

Oh dear !!

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What a championship manager 01/02 team that was. Scally, Lovering, Teale, McGinley and Grady were unplayable! 

I remember LMA manager on the PlayStation. Had the above players, some wee guy called 'Renaldo', had a transfer budget of £100million and went on to win the league. I threw up a 120000 seated stadium within a week 😂 looked like a pixelated prison 😂

Of course, with it being a playstation and me being a then moderately violent 12 year old, I destroyed the controller by f*cking it off the wall after swinging it in circles over my head (Remember wired controllers?) Got grounded and shunned the game after losing 1-0 to Airdrieonians, which, let's be honest, was probably the most unrealistic thing about it 😒