The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

We could probably fill a couple of starting elevens.

Tommy Tait basically played for us for free, so I won't slag him for that.

In terms of starting every week and being utter guff, I'd probably say David Dunn was the worst. He was a "winger" who couldn't do anything a winger was meant to do.

Tommy Tait stepped in to basically babysit a crap defence and played for free. 
He was ok for a very small number of games but his age and lack of playing time quickly caught up with him. 

I see with the new TV deal, teams can stream matches played outside of the broadcast blackout zones. 
Wonder if we will see some strategic fixture shifts from clubs to maximise revenue if they thought the streaming cash would outweigh gate money.

Clubs far beyond the central belt might get an away crowd of 20 but maybe sell 200-300 streams, maybe playing a Friday night might be a bigger earner. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tommy Tait stepped in to basically babysit a crap defence and played for free. 
He was ok for a very small number of games but his age and lack of playing time quickly caught up with him. 

I don't remember him being particularly awful, but he was definitely a signing we should have never had to resort to. He had been retired for about three years before he signed for us.

Truly grim times those were. 

There were a load of junior players signed by the two Rabs that were fucking dreadful, Neil Watt as well made some criminal signings. Stainrod said that the juniors were a goldmine for talent and signed a load who were all crap and I’m pretty sure he’d never seen.

Ross Tannock was the first player I’d ever seen being boo’d on to the park. David Dunn and David Sinclair were dreadful. There was a left back, some bodybuilder about the same time that was crap. Murray Henderson. Richie Humphries, who’s only highlight was nailing Quitongo at Fir Park when we played Hamilton there. So many bad players that played the majority of a season or more for the club. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I see with the new TV deal, teams can stream matches played outside of the broadcast blackout zones. 
Wonder if we will see some strategic fixture shifts from clubs to maximise revenue if they thought the streaming cash would outweigh gate money.

Clubs far beyond the central belt might get an away crowd of 20 but maybe sell 200-300 streams, maybe playing a Friday night might be a bigger earner. 

Not sure but doesn’t the streaming  changes apply to the top flight only? Would be great if the club could issue a statement setting out the pay for view rules for us going forward. Can’t find anything helpful in the SPFL statement but not surprised by this as the Championship and below is of no consequence to them. 

Oddly, my time following Ayr started around the time everyone is discussing. God knows why I kept going. A few years in, at 08/09 was the first season I'd seen us not be completely shite. We then came straight back down after the game on the final day at Cappielow...

13 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Who is the worst Ayr player you've ever seen?

For me, it's Michael Renwick. Total shite.

I'll give you 11.

GK - Jack Ruddy

RB - James McKinstry

CB - Chris Robertson

CB -Murray Henderson

LB - Kevin McKinlay

RM - David Dunn

CM - David Hamilton

CM - Ally Woodburn

LM - Ryan Caddis

ST - Ian Cashmore

ST - Stuart Boyd

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Here's another 11 of horror.

GK - Barry-John Corr

RB - Scott McCulloch

CB - Adam Cummins

CB -Kyle McAusland

LB - Austin McCann

RM - Paul Slane

CM - Ryan McStay

CM - Chris Strain

LM - Paul Hyslop

ST - Michael Moore

ST - Gavin Friels

Marc Twaddle beats Austin McCann in the “shite left backs from that era” award IMO.

Both absolutely shite mind.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Marc Twaddle beats Austin McCann in the “shite left backs from that era” award IMO.

Both absolutely shite mind.

I did consider Twaddle, but I expected much better from McCann because he had been a good player previously. I was very disappointed in him.

On 27/09/2022 at 12:02, diegomarahenry said:

There were a load of junior players signed by the two Rabs that were fucking dreadful, Neil Watt as well made some criminal signings. Stainrod said that the juniors were a goldmine for talent and signed a load who were all crap and I’m pretty sure he’d never seen.

Ross Tannock was the first player I’d ever seen being boo’d on to the park. David Dunn and David Sinclair were dreadful. There was a left back, some bodybuilder about the same time that was crap. Murray Henderson. Richie Humphries, who’s only highlight was nailing Quitongo at Fir Park when we played Hamilton there. So many bad players that played the majority of a season or more for the club. 

Cameron Connie if I'm not mistaken, we signed him from Ladeside where he wan't even perceived to be that good !!