The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I remember being on the SRE when a player went over the ball and stamped on Ludo Roy, the two came together and the other player took a dive pretending to have been head butted leading to Roy being sent off.

We were all chanting cheat at the player which turned out to be a waste of time. The player that took a “dive” had actually been knocked out cold by Roy, was unconscious and was finally woken up in Ayr hospital.  Think Roy had a hefty ban for it. 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I remember being on the SRE when a player went over the ball and stamped on Ludo Roy, the two came together and the other player took a dive pretending to have been head butted leading to Roy being sent off.

We were all chanting cheat at the player which turned out to be a waste of time. The player that took a “dive” had actually been knocked out cold by Roy, was unconscious and was finally woken up in Ayr hospital.  Think Roy had a hefty ban for it. 

The Forfar Athletic player was Alan Rattray. He apparently said something racist to Ludo.

56 minutes ago, Iain said:

Shouldn't be any suspension for fighting racism.

Yep.

A penalty was given for it, and John Hillcoat saved it before conceding two goals in about a minute. He then got caught miles off his line for the third and left Forfar with an easy tap-in.

This game stuck in my memory because I was fuming about it. Ayr were 2-0 up and looking comfortable before the incident.

12 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

John Hillcoat should be erased from the memory of any Ayr United fan. He did not happen. 

He played in nets to a 4-0 defeat to QoS at Somerset, who had John Dodds in nets iirc.

He conceded 5 against Alloa. One of the goals he was at the penalty spot when an Alloa player scored a tap-in at the far post. 

Mick Dunlop booted Quitongo 5 feet in the air in that game, Quitongo came off the bench at 5-0 and started doing keepy-ups. Dunlop ran from the opposite wing and went through him about hip height. 

Hillcoat was a dreadful keeper, Ally Brown should never have played at out level, was signed as back-up then we never signed another keeper and we were then landed with him. Both were back-ups that we were forced to play. Jordan Hart was the same as Brown, just not good enough but he was first choice. Jack Ruddy was the worst of all of them, I don’t remember him making a save and he had a few howlers 

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He conceded 5 against Alloa. One of the goals he was at the penalty spot when an Alloa player scored a tap-in at the far post. 

Mick Dunlop booted Quitongo 5 feet in the air in that game, Quitongo came off the bench at 5-0 and started doing keepy-ups. Dunlop ran from the opposite wing and went through him about hip height. 

Hillcoat was a dreadful keeper, Ally Brown should never have played at out level, was signed as back-up then we never signed another keeper and we were then landed with him. Both were back-ups that we were forced to play. Jordan Hart was the same as Brown, just not good enough but he was first choice. Jack Ruddy was the worst of all of them, I don’t remember him making a save and he had a few howlers 

Some of the criticism of Hart at the time was overly harsh. He was not the best but he was far from our worst keeper. He was much better than Ruddy.

I'm sure I read that he had retired from football and had become a teacher. He could have made more money from being Zac Efron's stunt double tbh.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I must be misremembering as I didn't think Cherrie was all that bad 😅

I did also think Paul Weaver was an absolute pler though, but probably just relative to the time. 

Cherrie did save 2 penalties on his debut. Think it went downhill after and I think we got a hiding at Brechin but I can't remember as it seems that long ago 😂

Still a registered player somewhere in Ireland 

I also thought Weaver was decent at the time. Seemed to be the only guy we had that could pass the ball to a team mate. 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

See, I like younger keepers getting a chance, absolutely all for it 👍 mistakes are expected but you'd think they'd learn from it. 

Comparing younger keepers at Ayr is so differential. Good keepers such as sinisalo and Doohan and the opposite in Hart and Ruddy. Hare-Reid never really got the chance he should have imo. Though I've heard nothing but good things about the current under 19 keeper.

Edited by Roxanne's man

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I must be misremembering as I didn't think Cherrie was all that bad 😅

I did also think Paul Weaver was an absolute pler though, but probably just relative to the time. 

Paul Weaver was shit.

There was just an inexplicable clamour for him for some reason.