The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, Iain said:

Shouldn't be losing to 9 men, but glad to be out of the tournament. Not sure why we threw all our starters on at the end.  An unnecessary gamble.

While the majority of Scottish football fans (and probably your manager) feel this competition is a waste of time I doubt any manager would just let a “competitive” fixture go by without trying to win it. Managers and players like to win games, it’s good for the confidence level.

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Biggest negative about not winning last night is the next round is on a Saturday so there won’t be a league game that week. Obviously means they can rest but a Saturday with no fitba is always tragic.

Had we got a home tie that would have been so more cash for the club and would have saved us a day of Christmas shopping. Awk well let's hope theres a world cup game(s) on that day

31 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

McAdams has the look of an outfield player playing in goals - none more so than when we are defending a corner

Looks like he's really lost his way over the summer, definitely came back a worse player even if he wasn't exactly great last year.  

Probably need to try move him on and get a new number 1 in January.  

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Perhaps if Thistle lose tonight then the rearranged midweek league fixture could be rerearranged for the challenge cup Saturday. 

I think the only thing that might kibosh it is we play each other at Firhill the following week- I'd still move it to the Saturday if it was up to me, teams playing back to back happens often enough later in the season (indeed it happened with Thistle and Ayr at the end of the 2018-9 season)

I think the only thing that might kibosh it is we play each other at Firhill the following week- I'd still move it to the Saturday if it was up to me, teams playing back to back happens often enough later in the season (indeed it happened with Thistle and Ayr at the end of the 2018-9 season)

Aye it that wasn’t even two weekends was it? Played on the Tuesday night at Somerset where Shea Gordon scored a cracker then went up to Firhill on the Saturday and Muirhead got his first goal for Ayr.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf I think Stevo did pretty well in that one game for Raith. The bar is high. 

Stevo was excellent in that game I thought. I can name keepers we have had over the years who I would have Stevo in nets over.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Games to shite ratio, Ally Brown and John Hillcoat are the worst, Ally Brown played more games I think.

Cherry and Corr were dreadful in the few games they played. Jens Martin Knudsen gave away 3 in one game. Tomas Gill was paid 3.5k a week and looked like he had never seen a football match never mind played in one. 
David Purdie was second choice for the Beechams work team and first choice at Ayr. 

McAdams is, at worst, adequate. Albiston is above average for the Championship. 

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Keepers I would play Stevo in nets over:

Barry John Corr

Aidan McAdams

John Hillcoat

Peter Cherrie

Jack Ruddy

Ally Brown

Also 

David Crawford

David Hutton 

Thomas Gill

Marius Rovde (maybe slightly harsh with that one)

Kenny Barnstable