The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Would like to ask fans of Aidan McAdams what in the name of f**k they see in him. Every corner could’ve been a goal and he dived about a second early for every penalty. Albinson is twice the goalie he will ever be.

I didn’t see tonight but I’ve genuinely never seen a keeper look as unlikely to save a penalty as McAdams.

56 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Would like to ask fans of Aidan McAdams what in the name of f**k they see in him. Every corner could’ve been a goal and he dived about a second early for every penalty. Albinson is twice the goalie he will ever be.

Yes, completely agree. He was awful particularly in the second half. And as for the penalties, it was as if he wasn't even trying to save them. I wondered if he had taken a knock which impacted his ability to get down quickly but on reflection I think he was always that bad with penalties.

I thought we had decent spells in the first half, particularly in the lead up to the equaliser. But in the second half we were really poor and I didn't think we deserved to go through on the overall balance of play. Mullin is good and I think will become a starter in the league.

For the ref's performance, I didn't see the Quitongo incident so can't comment on it but I thought the Baird red was ridiculous and the second yellow for Smith looked harsh.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Think they do if they are straight reds.

Tonight was probably a worse result for Morton, two players sent off and another round in this cup

Agree bigger problem is Morton’s but they have Partick next up. So glad we are out of this shitty tournament.

It was pretty clear from the starting 11 that Bullen wasn’t overly bothered with progressing in the cup and was using it mainly to get minutes in fringe players legs. I don’t particularly agree with that approach but I’m not going to get overly worked up. 

Good to see Josh Mullin get a goal and thought Brad Young looked busy up front. In Dipo short cameo you could see what he brings to the team. 

For the Inverness game I’d be looking at lining up something like: Albinson, Houston, Kirk, Musonda, Reading, Mullin, Dempsey, Murdoch, Ashford, Young, Akinyemi

Bangala never lost a header all night never bottled  a tackle yep early days but looks good. Mullins I’m going to go against the grain and say I was not impressed yes nice finish for the goal but thought his passing was poor tonight. McAdams glue feet , honestly what is it with this guy and crosses ??? Charlie would have to have a god awful run of form before I would let him back in nets. 

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

Shouldn't be losing to 9 men, but glad to be out of the tournament. Not sure why we threw all our starters on at the end.  An unnecessary gamble.

"Losing to 9 men" is a bit of a stretch when it was on penalties and we had a one man advantage for approximately just four minutes more than Morton did over the 90 minutes. 

Any word on why Kirk didn't play on Saturday and wasn't even on the bench last night? 

Aye McAdams just doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Albinson is a far better all round keeper imo.

Bangala looked okay, still need to see more but showed enough for me to think he's not going to be a total flop. Certainly gets himself stuck into the game winning headers and tackles etc so a decent option moving forward I think.

Hopefully back to winning ways next week against Inverness. Month of 6 fixtures coming up with 4 home ties, will be very interesting to see where we end up in the table by the start of November.

I just want points here and there, enough to keep a gap to the bottom. Going on another great run of form and topping the table would be a very welcome bonus.

Edited by AuAl

6 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Any word on why Kirk didn't play on Saturday and wasn't even on the bench last night? 

https://twitter.com/VoiceAyr/status/1573016166334926848?t=4J0a-RF4KrRlr1U_beLC_g&s=19

Don't know if it also answers the Raith game, but that was in response to a question about him being out of last night's squad.

Edited by AlMacD

9 hours ago, Iain said:

Shouldn't be losing to 9 men, but glad to be out of the tournament. Not sure why we threw all our starters on at the end.  An unnecessary gamble.

Don’t get the losing to 9 men part , we only had a 1 man advantage for last 6 minutes as we had a man sent off before Morton’s first sending off 

8 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

"Losing to 9 men" is a bit of a stretch when it was on penalties and we had a one man advantage for approximately just four minutes more than Morton did over the 90 minutes. 

Kirk rolled his ankle has not trained this week