The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

As much as I want to have a run in the challenge cup I’d still make a good few changes on Thursday. I’d be looking at starting something like: McAdams, McAllister, Musonda, McGinty, Ecrepont, Mullin, Murdoch, Bangala, JML, Young, Akinyemi. 

Imagine Kirk will be back in as Musonda was called up to the Zambia squad for friendlies against Libya and Mali.

Players in training today. Going to be a bit of a challenge to field a reserve team v. Motherwell (cup) on Tuesday and Morton on Thursday. Some players will need to play a bit of both.

OK reserve cup game been moved to next Tuesday. Seems a sensible decision.

Edited by JohnGAYR

@Finlay21 looking for info - is club shop open a week today (Monday 26th?).  If so, what time?   And second, do we have any of the kits - even including retro ones -  available in the biggest (XXL maybe?) sizes?  Got American family over and he's wanting to come in for a look and probably buy a top if any in his size...

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fairly packed schedule next month. Six games, four at home. Wonder what kind of shape we'll be in at the end of that, could have a big say on where we end up seasons end.

Last season I would have been dreading such a schedule, but I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways ASAP and build some momentum.

On 19/09/2022 at 20:30, Hursty said:

@Finlay21 looking for info - is club shop open a week today (Monday 26th?).  If so, what time?   And second, do we have any of the kits - even including retro ones -  available in the biggest (XXL maybe?) sizes?  Got American family over and he's wanting to come in for a look and probably buy a top if any in his size...

Yes shop is open 1-5 on that day , we have 2xl available in Home, Away, 3rd Kit and currently Ayr Advertiser retro , the Ayrshire Post Retro will be delivered this Friday (23rd) or at latest Monday (26th am) 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes shop is open 1-5 on that day , we have 2xl available in Home, Away, 3rd Kit and currently Ayr Advertiser retro , the Ayrshire Post Retro will be delivered this Friday (23rd) or at latest Monday (26th am) 

Am I right in saying you said the plan is to get more retro tops designed? 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes, they are looking at potentially doing 1 more this season and if demand is there doing more next season 

Ideal, already got the Ayr Advertiser one and on reserve for the Ayrshire Post one so looking forward to getting that 

I'd like to see the 11/12 home kit done - although that might be too recent to recieve the treatment. It was a great kit though. Or maybe I should try to lose four stone to fit into it again.

2000-2001 home kit was also a favourite because it was my first Ayr top, so I'd love it purely for sentimental reasons.

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd like to see the 11/12 home kit done - although that might be too recent to recieve the treatment.

also if you wore it after Christmas you'd slip into a deep coma occasionally punctuated by messy bowel interruptions.

Edited by Thumper