The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Some dirty, scummy, racist, w**k has contacted Charles the Zambian super fan and racially abused him on Facebook makes me sick to my stomach, the guy has been a breath of fresh air on both twitter and Facebook this season, its almost 2023, wish these type of folk folk would go back under the rock he crawled out from under.

That's disgusting.  

13 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Some dirty, scummy, racist, w**k has contacted Charles the Zambian super fan and racially abused him on Facebook makes me sick to my stomach, the guy has been a breath of fresh air on both twitter and Facebook this season, its almost 2023, wish these type of folk folk would go back under the rock he crawled out from under.

11 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 hours ago, mugen_power said:
Someone who attaches themselves to an opposition team or to Ayr United?
I use this verbiage because these kinds of mouth breathers are not fans. 

Not sure looks like they have made a profile up just to do it, he's really active on the SRE FB page and the Ayr united fans UK and abroad FB page just hope it's not one if our own doing it, Jamie Garret the SLO has asked for details to bring it to the clubs attention.

It should be reported to the police. People who think they can hide online and spout their poison don't seem to realise that the police can trace where things were posted/sent from and who posted them VERY easily. 

I had occasion a couple of months ago to report messages that someone had sent me to the police, and they were chapping that persons door within an hour.

SRE going nuts about mcginty and changing a winning team.  If Kirk isn’t fit to play we need to play someone else in his position. The whole back 4 today looked disjointed at times. Mcallister over Houston was a strange decision but maybe the gaffer thought that mcginty needed someone better defensively beside him?  

not too disappointed still sitting joint top and we showed enough to come back into it from 2-0. Onwards to Morton on Thursday 

Good two page interview in today's Scotsman with Lee Bullen. Unfortunately it is pay walled but worth a read if you can beg borrow or steal a copy of the Sports insert. Not very much about Ayr United, although was there was was positive.

In case anybody knows how to get around the paywall Lee Bullen: Sheffield Wednesday legend and Scottish football's forgotten man now reviving its forgotten club

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile

Disappointing result today especially getting back into it. Good opportunity to change it up against Morton in the week and give some of the fringe players a chance. I’d go with

McAdams

Houston

McGinty

Kirk

Reading

Mullen

murdoch

bangala 

michell lawson

Dipo 

Young

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

SRE going nuts about mcginty and changing a winning team.  If Kirk isn’t fit to play we need to play someone else in his position. The whole back 4 today looked disjointed at times. Mcallister over Houston was a strange decision but maybe the gaffer thought that mcginty needed someone better defensively beside him?  

not too disappointed still sitting joint top and we showed enough to come back into it from 2-0. Onwards to Morton on Thursday 

Might just go over and ask if Reading & Frankie are also pish for their mistakes. 😁

The defensive issues we have had, we limited to a goal a game up until today, the third goal in particular, where we appeared to be trying to set up the Rovers goal for them by placing every clearance at the feet of their players was a highlight. 

We knew it would come eventually and hopefully we will get some more loan players in to beef up the squad a bit. 

It can either be a wake-up call or the start of a slide, I am not concerned about the Morton game but it would be nice to go back to winning. 

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

McGinty had Reading and Musonda beside him so that makes no sense.  

Don't get the whole can't change a winning team thing at all or the negative comments about performance.  The things that were poor today were:

• Without the ball in the first half, I don't know if due to being a man short they were told to stand off and not press but given they were all at it until half time says this was a tactical failure.  
  • 3 individual mistakes sort of directly leading to goals.  Musonda at the first, Reading's shitebaggery at the second and Mcginty melting at the third.  
  • The four guys playing wide from the start.  

We were good for the majority of that match, more effective in the second half but we were looking pretty likely to equalise at 1-0, that's the one that killed us today IMO, we were so on top of the game at that point and it quickly flipped to needing half time ASAP.  

• Albinson - no for me, did make a couple saves but I just don't rate him at all - distribution was terrible. 
  • McCalister - I was wondering if he was injured he was moving so slow, did nothing. 
  • Reading - Shitebag - if Finn plays on Thursday and does well gotta wonder if he gets in the team. 
  • Musonda - had a good game after the first goal. 
  • Mcginty - had a good game up to the third goal. 
  • O'Connor - a means to getting us up the park that wasn't a long ball to Dipo today as much as I'd have kept him on over McKenzie he just doesn't produce much. 
  • Ashford - this guy works really hard but doesn't actually do anything at all.  He was offside but presented with an open goal and managed to lose possession.  Football terrorist.  
  • Murdoch - absolutely fine until he tired and started hugging folk. 
  • Dempsey - good game. 
  • Dipo - no goal but usual from the big man, v unlucky with the free kick hitting the bar. 
  • McKenzie - he was ok in the first half, shunted out wide second half and was as rubbish as he always is playing wide - unlucky not to score with that flick.  
  • Young - referee absolutely hated him but he looks quick and carries the ball well, get him a start on Thursday and maybe against Inverness if he does well. 
  • Mullen - big upgrade on Ashford good 45 minutes. 
  • Houston - big upgrade on McCalister good 45 minutes. 
  • Bangala - needs more minutes as he was miles off it. 
  • Smith - on the park for seconds. 

Not sure what the tinkering about was about, I thought after the Morton game after Kirk was ever so slightly shakey he might change that up, but no idea what merited Houston being dropped

Ashford is getting frustrating for me, not sure what he gives going forward apart from heart and a bit of running. 

I can see Mullen getting his chance now in front of O'connor who again didn't do much of note. 

Big question is how we get Young in the team, he was superb today, I can see Ashford slipping out and McKenzie being played wide. 

Musonda at fault for being turned at first, the corner routine for the second was bizarre. Looking for Reading very deep ended up in suicide. The less said about McGintys defending for the third the better. 

Dipo did well for the first goal but I'm concerned teams are going to target him after his fine start. 

Get Bangala, McAdams, Hewitt, Mullen and Young in the team on Thursday to give them minutes. 

Disappointed we never took anything from a lacklustre looking Raith Rovers team 

59 minutes ago, diege said:

Not sure what the tinkering about was about, I thought after the Morton game after Kirk was ever so slightly shakey he might change that up, but no idea what merited Houston being dropped

Ashford is getting frustrating for me, not sure what he gives going forward apart from heart and a bit of running. 

I can see Mullen getting his chance now in front of O'connor who again didn't do much of note. 

Big question is how we get Young in the team, he was superb today, I can see Ashford slipping out and McKenzie being played wide. 

Musonda at fault for being turned at first, the corner routine for the second was bizarre. Looking for Reading very deep ended up in suicide. The less said about McGintys defending for the third the better. 

Dipo did well for the first goal but I'm concerned teams are going to target him after his fine start. 

Get Bangala, McAdams, Hewitt, Mullen and Young in the team on Thursday to give them minutes. 

The second was surely a incredibly poor executed set piece routine. He should have hit it first time or played it back into the box. Instead he dithered about allowing the Raith players to chase him down and the breakaway ended up being 5 against 3.

I think Ashford is solely there to chase down and put defenders under pressure, trying to win the ball back and keep it in there half. Important, but not sure that's enough to warrant a starting place.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

1 hour ago, diege said:

Drop mckenzie in place of young, put O’Connor on the right and Mullen in the left. Both will allow balance and can deliver crosses into the box