The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I really hate Hopkin. He is a ginger hoof ball loving wind bag. An ego maniac that seems to think he is some sort of managerial doyen with his vegan diets and his going on holiday when we should be signing players. I think he is comfortably my most hated manager. The only silverware he will win is for the manager who most looks like a potato. I wish we had actually catapulted him into the sea.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I really hate Hopkin. He is a ginger hoof ball loving wind bag. An ego maniac that seems to think he is some sort of managerial doyen with his vegan diets and his going on holiday when we should be signing players. I think he is comfortably my most hated manager. The only silverware he will win is for the manager who most looks like a potato. I wish we had actually catapulted him into the sea.

Thank you.

With a lot of managers, even if it does not work out, you can at least point out some redeeming features of their tenure. Even Mark Roberts tenure had some positives, and Kerr tried to implement a positive philosophy but it didn't work out.

I would struggle to think of any redeeming features for Hopkin's tenure. Apart from signing a couple of players among the shite he signed who actually turned out to be decent.

The tactics and style of play he implemented were absolutely diabolical. In those regards he must be the worst manager we've had.

Other managers we have had may have failed, but at least you can say they tried. Hopkin, on the other hand, is an absolute charlatan.

I was fooled by his "achievements" with Livingston and thought he would be good. I could not have been more wrong. He was awful.

It was how little he seemed to care that irked me more than anything else. We were truly awful each week and it didn't seem to matter to him. I like that we got rid of him cause he couldn't handle folk shouting "Hopkin get to f**k." Threw his toys out the pram and left. No surprise he's had f**k all since.

2 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

He shouldn’t of had anything after Morton. It still really amazes me how the chairman came to the conclusion he was the best man. Literally the only person that thought that. Was incredible.

I think the words outstanding candidate was used when Hopkin got the job .

10 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think the words outstanding candidate was used when Hopkin got the job .

I want to know what he said in the interview that made the board think he was the outstanding candidate.

Because, having heard him speak, I cannot imagine anyone being motivated or enthused by anything he says.

Does anyone know who else was interviewed? I remember Jim McIntyre being mentioned but that's it.

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think it was, so he probably picked the shite that had briefly floated to the top pond

When was it that Yogi wanted us to roll the red carpet out for him yet didn't bother applying? was that when Kerr left or when McCall left?

We've changed manager so often the past few years that I have lost track of who wanted the job and when.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

When was it that Yogi wanted us to roll the red carpet out for him yet didn't bother applying? was that when Kerr left or when McCall left?

We've changed manager so often the past few years that I have lost track of who wanted the job and when.

If that "thing" had got the job I would never have been back until he left when punted.

What an absolute tosser he is and always has been.

His favourite saying "ma heid is bigger than yours".

51 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

If that "thing" had got the job I would never have been back until he left when punted.

What an absolute tosser he is and always has been.

His favourite saying "ma heid is bigger than yours".

As a manager he's a total fraud. I find him unintentionally hilarious though. He makes me laugh. 

Some dirty, scummy, racist, w**k has contacted Charles the Zambian super fan and racially abused him on Facebook makes me sick to my stomach, the guy has been a breath of fresh air on both twitter and Facebook this season, its almost 2023, wish these type of folk folk would go back under the rock he crawled out from under.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Some dirty, scummy, racist, w**k has contacted Charles the Zambian super fan and racially abused him on Facebook makes me sick to my stomach, the guy has been a breath of fresh air on both twitter and Facebook this season, its almost 2023, wish these type of folk folk would go back under the rock he crawled out from under.

Someone who attaches themselves to an opposition team or to Ayr United?

I use this verbiage because these kinds of mouth breathers are not fans. 

Someone who attaches themselves to an opposition team or to Ayr United?
I use this verbiage because these kinds of mouth breathers are not fans. 
Not sure looks like they have made a profile up just to do it, he's really active on the SRE FB page and the Ayr united fans UK and abroad FB page just hope it's not one if our own doing it, Jamie Garret the SLO has asked for details to bring it to the clubs attention.