The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah this was announced a week or so ago.

Screenshot_20220910-123544_Chrome.jpg.6ae1541848a8426828f9dcc832758cbd.jpg

BTW who is that in your pic? I keep thinking it's Ed Milliband.

Aye I seen they have moved it to the Thursday. Just generally would be much better turn out on a Saturday for league games rather than challenge cup. 

The pic is the character Gyp Rosetti from Boardwalk Empire. 

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

There may be English games called off due to London police expecting millions to arrive prior to the funeral but none up here hopefully. 

There is absolutely zero chance that Police Scotland would turn down the opportunity for easy overtime, or that the SFA would ever do anything the FA didn't do unless it was of direct benefit to the Old Firm. So basically games will only be on if the blazers can be convinced that the fixture backlog will somehow adversely affect their European campaigns.

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

There is absolutely zero chance that Police Scotland would turn down the opportunity for easy overtime, or that the SFA would ever do anything the FA didn't do unless it was of direct benefit to the Old Firm. So basically games will only be on if the blazers can be convinced that the fixture backlog will somehow adversely affect their European campaigns.

I agree, the SFA will likely follow suit and call off any SPFL matches being played in London next weekend.

12 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Ayr United academy own olly ecrepont keeping a clean sheet for Scotland today in Spain in a 1 nil win .could have a bright future .boy must be 6ft at 15 .

Pretty disrespectful to play surely? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Think it was more respectful to play , that game was governed by EUFA and not the SPFL/SFA , glad some associations have sense 

Oh I agree. I'm just being snarky because I'm still annoyed about the cancellations.

22 hours ago, grazza said:

Should postpone (if not allowed to scrap) the round of challenge cup being played in a fortnight and play this weekends league fixtures then.  Have 1pm kick off to allow folk enough time should they be going to hampden for Scotland game. 

Either that or at least play them all on the Sunday ( be tight getting from Cove etc to Glasgow on the Saturday ) 

22 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

Funeral confirmed for Monday so absolutely no reason to postpone games again next week. 

There was absolutely no reason to postpone them this week either, but the morons managed that well enough !!

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

A year to the day of the first game since Hopkins got puntted, loads of highs and lows since then but I think most can agree that we are a better path now.

"Most" is a very weird hedge there. Even given the tendency for oddballs on football forums to die on weird hills, there's no such thing as a Hopkin diehard. The best that could be said is that for whatever reason, the actual results barely improved on average after he was punted until very recently, but for once this can't be attributed to a Cunning Long Term Plan as the club was very open from an early stage about what that plan was (especially after snagging Bullen).