The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'll still enjoy being top of the league for another week.

After all the covid postponements and curtailments I think I'll manage with one game being postponed.

It is frustrating but hardly unexpected from the football authorities. As soon as the FA announced what they were doing there was only one outcome.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

After all the covid postponements and curtailments I think I'll manage with one game being postponed.

It is frustrating but hardly unexpected from the football authorities. As soon as the FA announced what they were doing there was only one outcome.

One outcome?  Not if you have a brain or a backbone…

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We are talking about the SPFL & SFA here. Doncaster is the very epitome of brainless. Maxwell isn't much better.

Kilmarnock’s tweet certainly reads a bit salty - doesn’t sound like the clubs were consulted which would be incredible given the loss of revenues involved.  3500-4000 wasn’t impossible for Ayr tomorrow with a big Partick support likely.  A rearranged midweek game could be half that.

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What makes you think only one game will be postponed? Logically it will be the next three weekends and all midweek domestic games in-between.

Edited by Iain

I think they probably made that decision (about football) on the basis that all other sports would follow suit, but as it turns out that hasn't happened...

Also think it would have been different if this had happened at the beginning of the week and not just less than 48hrs before matchday. 

Plus as others have said authorities probably shat it at the prospect of a very small minority of morons disrupting minutes silence or singing likes of "**** the Queen" which would have had Scottish Football plastered all over the media for the wrong reasons.

19 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Kilmarnock’s tweet certainly reads a bit salty - doesn’t sound like the clubs were consulted which would be incredible given the loss of revenues involved.  3500-4000 wasn’t impossible for Ayr tomorrow with a big Partick support likely.  A rearranged midweek game could be half that.

They've backtracked and now offering refunds lol

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I think they probably made that decision (about football) on the basis that all other sports would follow suit, but as it turns out that hasn't happened...

Also think it would have been different if this had happened at the beginning of the week and not just less than 48hrs before matchday. 

Plus as others have said authorities probably shat it at the prospect of a very small minority of morons disrupting minutes silence or singing likes of "**** the Queen" which would have had Scottish Football plastered all over the media for the wrong reasons.

This was essentially what happend at Hearts game last night. There was a minutes silence at the start of the second half. There was the odd shout of f**k the queen and the likes which were then shouted down by other fans, some people then started singing God save the queen and others started to boo that. No one came out looking great in that episode. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Not sure I get the laugh if I’m honest.  Tomorrow’s postponement will cost us a fortune too.

Think @rb123! is more laughing at Kilmarnock having to pathetically backtrack after releasing a poor statement which was quite rightly heavily criticised. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This was essentially what happend at Hearts game last night. There was a minutes silence at the start of the second half. There was the odd shout of f**k the queen and the likes which were then shouted down by other fans, some people then started singing God save the queen and others started to boo that. No one came out looking great in that episode. 

Thing is, if (and that's a massive if) we are allowed to play next week at Raith a day or 2 before the funeral there will still be a minute silence - they aren't going to let the first football games go ahead without one.  So you are just pushing the potential issue back a week or 3.

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Thing is, if (and that's a massive if) we are allowed to play next week at Raith a day or 2 before the funeral there will still be a minute silence - they aren't going to let the first football games go ahead without one.  So you are just pushing the potential issue back a week or 3.

I am amazed that there are folk that cannot stay silent for a minute to mourn someone's passing before a football match. Absolute attention seeking cretins. Its a matter of decency at the end of the day.

I am amazed that there are folk that cannot stay silent for a minute to mourn someone's passing before a football match. Absolute attention seeking cretins. Its a matter of decency at the end of the day.
Personally I like the 1 min applause better especially when its maybe a club legend, leave the min silences for remberance day and real national tragedies like Dunblane.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

What makes you think only one game will be postponed? Logically it will be the next three weekends and all midweek domestic games in-between.

SPFL have informed clubs that next weeks games WILL take place unless funeral is on the Saturday