The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Our match against Dundee was an Ayr love in on TV at least. 

Which is equally shite. 

Categorically was not. The fapping about the new stand and backroom was readily balanced by Stevo repeatedly stating his desire for Kilmarnock to get relegated, which isn't something you hear otherwise on any TV coverage. Also the constant chanting from downstairs.

Edit: also, it's a nice feeling for the praise for the club not to centre entirely around the notion that it isn't all plastic fucking seats, or that it gets the sun in the afternoon.

Edited by Thumper

Dundee is also an actual city, as opposed to a Tory experiment in turning a town with multiple industries stretching back 500+ years into a Glasgow commuter hub with a nice wooded suburb to build million-quid houses on. Literally the only people who weren't born there who know Ayr now are the Norn Irish.

2 hours ago, grazza said:

Don't think they have nearly as much coverage these days. Mainly would just be on podcasts the next days walking to work I would listen but we only seem to get them now on match days. Pre covid there was a Scottish football podcast everyday based on the sportsound show.  Your right that Macintyre is quite provocative which worked ok on a non match day where they were having more in depth discussions but he just doesn't suit the Richard Gordon role someone like Jane Lewis would have been better for that. Think since BBC have grovelled to rangers so they can get access again they have become somewhat neutered in giving insightful coverage.

The terrace podcast is very good on the lower leagues. Like the tv show they give fair coverage of the lower leagues. Thursdays they do an episode that focuses on the lower leagues. If you get Shaughan McGuigan and Craig Telfer on together its a great listen. They did a big season preview podcast covering championship to league 2 and it was 4 hours long.

The SPFL themselves could be a lot more joined up especially the lower leagues get either at round up tv show or youtube show each week. The womens league do it so no reason its not achievable. 

Just a couple of seasons back the Sportsound podcast on a Tuesday had a portion of it dedicated to the lower leagues.

I take it they’ve done away with that too?

Just in case anyone missed this announcement 

We have agreed with Morton that our The SPFL Trust Trophy match orginally scheduled for Saturday 24th September will now take place on Thursday 22nd September with a 7.45pm kick-off at Cappielow.

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Just a couple of seasons back the Sportsound podcast on a Tuesday had a portion of it dedicated to the lower leagues.

I take it they’ve done away with that too?

Seems so. Can only go by what appears on my podcast feed. Seems to be podcasts during match days for premiership, league cup or the European games. I guess I can understand this week having 3 teams in European group stages the attention mostly on that but does seem like they have really cut back on coverage outside of match days. There wasn't even a podcast at the end of the transfer window. 

5 hours ago, grazza said:

Don't think they have nearly as much coverage these days. Mainly would just be on podcasts the next days walking to work I would listen but we only seem to get them now on match days. Pre covid there was a Scottish football podcast everyday based on the sportsound show.  Your right that Macintyre is quite provocative which worked ok on a non match day where they were having more in depth discussions but he just doesn't suit the Richard Gordon role someone like Jane Lewis would have been better for that. Think since BBC have grovelled to rangers so they can get access again they have become somewhat neutered in giving insightful coverage.

The terrace podcast is very good on the lower leagues. Like the tv show they give fair coverage of the lower leagues. Thursdays they do an episode that focuses on the lower leagues. If you get Shaughan McGuigan and Craig Telfer on together its a great listen. They did a big season preview podcast covering championship to league 2 and it was 4 hours long.

The SPFL themselves could be a lot more joined up especially the lower leagues get either at round up tv show or youtube show each week. The womens league do it so no reason its not achievable. 

When Richard Gordon quit they should have shook up the whole set up and cleared a few out. Kenny McIntrye is awful and the new premier league love in dreadful especially if your wanting your own league to get even a mention ! 
Alan Preston , Jane Lewis , Count Dracula ( ex Ross County manager ) , Jim Duffy , Kenny Millar … I could go on …all absolute awful and should be put on that rocket to the moon ( if it ever takes off ). Would love to see Sportsound have new journalist/reporters cover  the leagues. Young blood get even one person covering lower division s and at least a couple covering championship games. 
In its current format it’s awful and not worth listening to unless you like the ugly sisters. 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

You know it's bad when the kids on YouTube are giving more detailed coverage to games than the national press. Fair enjoyed watching the vlogs from Saturday. 

Mattman certainly puts many to shame, for such a young age, I honestly can't understand why the club haven't used him further, be it as a commentator or match reviews on the club website.

Personally my least favourite pundit is Michael Stewart, honestly can't stand that pr**k.

21 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Personally my least favourite pundit is Michael Stewart, honestly can't stand that pr**k.

Stewart is the only one who ever challenges fucking dinosaurs like Willie Miller or dares to suggest that the Old Firm aren't the centre of the universe outside of very narrow old-club allegiances. Unsurprising considering he's literally the only person on a BBC contract who backed independence.

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Stewart is the only one who ever challenges fucking dinosaurs like Willie Miller or dares to suggest that the Old Firm aren't the centre of the universe outside of very narrow old-club allegiances. Unsurprising considering he's literally the only person on a BBC contract who backed independence.

Stewart is fantastic; a bit of devil in him, gets it right round the Govan plague, and is a generally insightful pundit (relative to the dross he is surrounded with).

Ricky Foster is another 2014 good guy, although he was still playing for Newgers then.

15 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

An evening with Stevo at the hub in October. Seems to be much maligned by sections of our support but by God did I love him as a player (1st spell). Definitely in my top 5 Ayr players. Should be a decent night

Forget his second spell and how it ended. He was going through a tough time and his heart wasn't really in playing football anymore (yet he was still a good player and scored some good goals for us that season).

In his first spell, Stevo was a hero in the black and white at a time when heroes in the black and white were in very short supply. For that he will always be an Ayr legend to me.

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Willie Miller

Can't stand him either. Along with McFadden, Alan Hutton and Kenny Miller. All Just boring and one dimensional. Obviously, I was kicking around on the days of the drivel of Alan Hansen, so anything is an upgrade but fluffing hell it's a bore watch at times. 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

his first spell, Stevo was a hero in the black and white at a time when heroes in the black and white were in very short supply. For that he will always be an Ayr legend to me.

His son was in my son's class at school. Refused to race me in the father's race at sports day due to a 'sore knee'. Played for Troon the next day. 😂 I'll never forget him sitting on the bench, lapping it up from the fans when we first got him on loan 😊

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Report from VOR saying 4-2 , Mullin x2 , Young and CJ Johnstone 

Fair enough. There were a few players in the box and my view was slightly obscured.

The game was filmed, and when QoS scored their first Lee Bullen and Tommy Tait seemed to be analysing what went wrong with the aid of a tablet.