The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don't think we will win the league or go up via the play offs and taking all the emotion out of it we just are not ready for the prem in ideal world we will finish top four we take the momentum and hopefully added interest in the club from the town to kick on for a real tilt at going up the next season, imagine being promoted and we open the new North Terrce in our first home game in the top flight in over 40 years

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I don't think we will win the league or go up via the play offs and taking all the emotion out of it we just are not ready for the prem in ideal world we will finish top four we take the momentum and hopefully added interest in the club from the town to kick on for a real tilt at going up the next season, imagine being promoted and we open the new North Terrce in our first home game in the top flight in over 40 years

Can you imagine playing Killie in a play off for the Prem? Can you imagine having to ground share Rusty park after winning promotion as Somerset is going through renovation😂

I know it's only 6 games in but... I fucking love this game and this team. 

Let's keep going, who knows where it will take us?

Looking forward to next saturday already - I hope we get a big turnout and get Somerset rocking. We need to make Somerset a fortress if we are to sustain a challenge.

58 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Can you imagine playing Killie in a play off for the Prem? Can you imagine having to ground share Rusty park after winning promotion as Somerset is going through renovation😂

Do you think we would have to play our home games elsewhere next season if we went up? That would be absolutely gutting.

We have a settled team for once and it looks like a case of, if its not broke, don't fix it. I was concerned that with the signing of Mullen, O'Conner would be straight out the team but it looks like Bullen is giving players the right to keep their jerseys where as last season he stubbornly played players who weren't doing it. 

We still need someone scoring every second or third week beside Dipo to mount any kind of title challenge because we give away a goal a game, there is no sign of Dipo slowing down on the goals but it'll happen sooner or later, right now he is taking the pressure off others. Even someone in midfield that will get 8-10. 

As long as we remain consistent, we will keep up with Queens Park, Dundee and Thistle, they look the most consistent teams so far. We have beaten both Dundee and QP, with Thistle still to play. 

If I'm correct that's Murdy, Dempsey, Houston, Mckenzie, and McGinty scored now, if Dipo keeps up this form and Ashford, O'connor, JML and Mullen can pinch a few each we will be okay. The way Dipo is going he will will have elipsed Adeloyes 11 league goals last season before the leaves are off the trees.

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I can’t see how we could play at Somerset if the north terrace was closed. Particularly when playing OF or Killie.

I can’t see us not playing at Somerset. Ground capacity without the North Terrace would still be about 6000. Just not allow as many away fans and not lose the match day income from the Hub.

29 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I can’t see how we could play at Somerset if the north terrace was closed. Particularly when playing OF or Killie.

The plan is to play at Somerset with the North Terrace shut. Why would we move because of the opposition?

40 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If I'm correct that's Murdy, Dempsey, Houston, Mckenzie, and McGinty scored now, if Dipo keeps up this form and Ashford, O'connor, JML and Mullen can pinch a few each we will be okay. The way Dipo is going he will will have elipsed Adeloyes 11 league goals last season before the leaves are off the trees.

Ayr United Competitive goal scorers 2022/2023: Akinyemi (7), Bryden (1), McGinty (1), Murdoch (1), Dempsey (1), Houston (1), McKenzie (1)

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's too early to think about winning anything. In fact it's probably unfair on the team to set expectations too high and judge results against them. Happy to enjoy the good form while it lasts.

Yeah, I've mentioned previously that we have the same issue any time our size has. You have a really strong starting eleven, but take even just one or two out of it (excluding Dipo) and it can have a massive effect on the team. Take Dipo out of it, and we are royally screwed.

We're going to have injuries to someone of these eleven and it's going to hurt us. But agreed, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Every team at this level relies on one or two star men. Arbroath stumbled without Nouble, Thistle aren't great when Brian Graham isnt playing, Kilmarnock needed Lafferty to get over the line etc. These guys are the difference between 3 points and a draw. 

Edited by Shibuya