The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Fucking god awful. He was utterly dreadful. He was guessing at points. JML conceded a foul when the guy kicked him in the back. How could he possibly be committing a foul? As for 5 minutes of extra time. 🤡

That was Wilson's first Championship game. I hope he gets sent back to the lower leagues for more training.

He was the same ref as Annan away when he lost his shit

20 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

It took us 16 games, and until December 4th last season to get up to 14 points. What a turn around this is. 

Well I think unless something dreadful happens, like major injury problems to key players, that this season is a top 4 scrap not bottom 2 dogfight 

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Well I think unless something dreadful happens, like major injury problems to key players, that this season is a top 4 scrap not bottom 2 dogfight 

The squad is threadbare and there will be January offers for half of them. There's a long way to go. Uncle Ian's devastators couldn't win the division and they scored five goals every other week.

Edited by Thumper

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The squad is threadbare and there will be January offers for half of them. There's a long way to go. Uncle Ian's devastators couldn't win the division and they scored five goals every other week.

What a few months that was, absolutely battering teams left right and center.

Aye I don’t see us winning the league. I feel as though the big difference between this team and McCalls team is that not everything is going through one or two players. A couple of seasons ago if Shankland had an off day and the opposing centre half had a good day then we’d struggle. You saw it in the latter half of the season when Shankland came back from injury. Now we’re playing more as a team with just about every player making a positive contribution to the wins. I don’t think there’s been one game this season that Dipo has had to carry us. It’s very much been a team effort.

I’ll be delighted if we’re still in the mix come January and hopefully we can use that window better than we did the last time we were in this position.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think there’s been one game this season that Dipo has had to carry us. It’s very much been a team effort.

While it's true that the change in tactics from "immediately shell it to Adeloye" has brought more players into the game, it's still at the stage where people are in outright disbelief that e.g. McKenzie has scored a goal. It's going to be a while before it truly feels like the team could keep up the current pace if it lost Akinyeme.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t see us winning the league. I feel as though the big difference between this team and McCalls team is that not everything is going through one or two players. A couple of seasons ago if Shankland had an off day and the opposing centre half had a good day then we’d struggle. You saw it in the latter half of the season when Shankland came back from injury. Now we’re playing more as a team with just about every player making a positive contribution to the wins. I don’t think there’s been one game this season that Dipo has had to carry us. It’s very much been a team effort.

I’ll be delighted if we’re still in the mix come January and hopefully we can use that window better than we did the last time we were in this position.

Basically every single goal we score is through Dipo though? I would actually say we currently rely on one player far more than we did in the Shankland era. 

It very much is a team effort, but everything positive in an attacking sense tends to come through him. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Now we’re playing more as a team with just about every player making a positive contribution to the wins. I don’t think there’s been one game this season that Dipo has had to carry us. It’s very much been a team effort.

This. Clearly Dipo rightly getting the headlines but this is a team effort. What's also good is that while we look to have a fairly settled starting 11 we've a much stronger bench than before.