The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, AuAl said:

My only concern is that I'd be looking for a medium and I imagine that's probably one of the quickest to go. Will maybe order one online tomorrow then.

I will put 1 in back up for you and you can pick up at Partick game ( if coming ) or call shop on 01292263435 ext 5 , pay over phone and we can post out to you 

Unless we were to pull off some sort of major coup / marquis signing, then I don't think we really need anyone else to come in.

I suppose it could be argued that we might still need a striker, especially if Bryden is going to be out for a while as it would still only leave us Dipo and the young lad from Villa, however if push REALLY came to shove then we could play Ashford or McKenzie through the middle supported by the likes of Mullen, Daire, JML, so on paper that wouldn't be the worst attacking line in the world.

Anyway, whatever happens it would seem that we've assembled a good quality squad with lots of balance and options available.....

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Who was the player we signed who apparently tried to attack Brian Reid? He ended up getting his contract ripped up.

There was talk a while back about who exactly Lachlan was referring to when he said there was only one player who was not welcome at Somerset Park. Could it be him?

I thought we'd discussed that a while back on here and it was roundly believed it was that wee scumbag rat Jonathan Tiffoney

Much as I love the buzz of an #imminent, the sensible option just now is surely to save any potential remaining budget until the final loan deadline approaches next month and see what we need at that point.  A couple of injuries in the next 4 matches and we could be in the market for a position we wouldn't even be considering today    

Much as I love the buzz of an #imminent, the sensible option just now is surely to save any potential remaining budget until the final loan deadline approaches next month and see what we need at that point.  A couple of injuries in the next 4 matches and we could be in the market for a position we wouldn't even be considering today    
Exactly we are in a really good place we don't want to be adding just for the sake of it.

41 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Exactly we are in a really good place we don't want to be adding just for the sake of it.

But drama!

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I will put 1 in back up for you and you can pick up at Partick game ( if coming ) or call shop on 01292263435 ext 5 , pay over phone and we can post out to you 

Cheers mate, I'll probably get a chance to pop in tomorrow during the day and pick one up so should be sound. Will maybe send you a PM if I don't tho 🤣

Intrigued as to how Brad Smith gets on.  Quite an interesting career - scored in a FA Youth Cup final win v Liverpool, played for Villa first team c Salah & Mane etc in the cup when all of their first team had Covid, and also seems to have missed a few months out injured after being stabbed in a brawl in a park.   Seems like he is keen to come up here and progress 

It makes Saturday more interesting. Do we think he’ll go with the team that started on Friday against Dundee? I think he will, but Ashford will come off for Mullins, and Young for McKenzie at some point.

Edited by Ayr23
Young not Smith*!

6 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

It makes Saturday more interesting. Do we think he’ll go with the team that started on Friday against Dundee? I think he will, but Ashford will come off for Mullins, and Smith for McKenzie at some point.

Aye I think he will, I think In time Mullin will become a starter but at the moment the team are doing well so no need to make unnecessary changes. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw