The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

David Moss that played for Dunfermline and Falkirk, turned up and elbowed f**k out of every CH Ayr had, was despised by the Ayr support. We inexplicably took him on loan, he did f**k all. 
Derek Adams came on loan from Motherwell, he was dreadful, didn’t put an ounce of effort in, looked in the huff as soon as he arrived.

When he left Ayr he said he was to good for us and hated his time here. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm still relatively young in my Ayr supporting career, so could I please ask who the worst loan Ayr have had is and why? 😁👍

On value for money Sean Higgins could be a contender. Signed to score the goals to keep us up, injured 3 minutes into his debut and never seen again but the club were left paying about £500 of his wages for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we've agreed a deal and the move is done for him to sign permanently. Don't think it's a spectacular signing as he'll likely sit on the bench this season and get some games in rotation. What type of midfielder actually is he though?

Think Steven Gerrard.
He was still 18 when he played for us so he drifted in and out of games but his passing and ability to skelp 20 yarders were of a player well beyond his years. Think most Rangers fans who saw him expected him to break through but he’s been on loan the last 3 years since. Not sure if the lack of stability at clubs has stunted his potential.

if he plays like he did for us, he won’t be on the bench for long. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Think Steven Gerrard.
He was still 18 when he played for us so he drifted in and out of games but his passing and ability to skelp 20 yarders were of a player well beyond his years. Think most Rangers fans who saw him expected him to break through but he’s been on loan the last 3 years since. Not sure if the lack of stability at clubs has stunted his potential.

if he plays like he did for us, he won’t be on the bench for long. 

Sounds like a bit of competition for Scott Pittman then, to be fair he is getting on as well, who I think has played in 90% of our games in the last 8 years and obviously now our record appearance holder. At 30 we'll likely see his pressing game fall off a bit so having Kelly in there at AM could be a decent option, although Pittman is probably the hardest player to shift out the team. Either that or Omeonga who's out of contract next season, definitely a challenge for him but if he's up to it then he should be a class player

37 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently we've agreed a deal and the move is done for him to sign permanently. Don't think it's a spectacular signing as he'll likely sit on the bench this season and get some games in rotation. What type of midfielder actually is he though?

We started the 2019/20 season playing a 4-5-1, with Kelly at the tip of the midfield, two holding midfielders behind him, wingers who liked to cut inside and a striker who dropped deep a lot. The front four were constantly moving and Kelly was absolutely electric in that setup. Our third goal in these highlights (about 2:47) is a perfect example of what he brought to the team: intelligence, anticipation, movement and poise. His technique is incredible; not many teenagers at this level have the confidence, never mind the ability, to attempt the type of cross-field passes he seemed to effortlessly execute every week.

When Mark Kerr took over from Ian McCall part way through that season he changed setup to a 4-4-2 and Kelly played much deeper. He was fine in that role but he didn't particularly stand out. I only ever saw him on Sportscene with Ross County but it looked like they played him in a deeper role too, and I'm not surprised their fans felt very meh about him. If Livingston afford him the freedom to play close to the striker(s) then he could be very good, but if his job is to take the ball off the centre halves then you might end up wondering what all the fuss was about.

23 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Absolute scenes when Livi sign Kelly on a long term deal then immediately loan him to Ayr, like all the big European teams do when they need to do a bit of money laundering.  

Was going to suggest that tbf but seems a bit far fetched.

VOR hasn't said our business is done which makes me think we're still after someone...

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Think that was the first game after McCall had gone?  We were superb that day.  Moff up front, Kelly Forrest and McCowan playing off him with Kerr and Docherty sitting in midfield.  Jeeezo - no wonder we absolutely pumped them 

Forrest was absolutely unplayable that day and could have scored about 6 on his own.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Watched back the highlights of the  defeat at Dingwall the year County won the league - my only visit there, I mind being absolutely raging at the lack of tackles when Mullen waltzed through our defence to score an absolute beauty - it's great watching it back in a new light now though 🤣

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Forrest was absolutely unplayable that day and could have scored about 6 on his own.

Definitely.  We went for a pint after game then ended up chatting to him outside Tutties as players were getting on bus - he was buzzing.  Something along the lines of "we were brilliant today weren't we? It seemed we were brilliant. Did it look that good for you guys or is it just me?"   I was happy to pose for a photo looking like a creepy uncle and reassure him that yes, we were indeed brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was in the club shop earlier and it was the first time I've been inside the new building. It looks absolutely splendid. 

Also saw some players - including Brad Young - hanging about.

Also went in to buy the away jersey and ended up thinking "f**k it" and buying the home one as well.

Oh I can now put a face to a name 

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Are stocks running low currently or still plenty? Would I be able to pop in over the weekend/early next week and buy one?

Would think they will be ok for start of next week , going online tomorrow think that could lead to a number of sales , would reckon about 30% of adults away in last 2 days 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Would think they will be ok for start of next week , going online tomorrow think that could lead to a number of sales , would reckon about 30% of adults away in last 2 days 

My only concern is that I'd be looking for a medium and I imagine that's probably one of the quickest to go. Will maybe order one online tomorrow then.