The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Docherty was never on loan was he? Sure we got him when he left Airdrie.

Worst loans are funny because they can be shite for different reasons. Jack Ruddy is one of the worst for ability and attitude. But you get guys that come here and disappear after a few weeks or just don’t play. Innes Cameron and Jamie Thomas spring to mind. McGavin is the best example of that.

A loan that we never ever got the best out of was Nicky Cadden. I actually liked him for us but he never got a good run of games and then picked up an injury couple of games left.

Cadden definitely falls in to the same "good players, poor loan spells"  category as Scott Tiffoney and Bruce Anderson in recent seasons.  

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Cadden definitely falls in to the same "good players, poor loan spells"  category as Scott Tiffoney and Bruce Anderson in recent seasons.  

When Cadden signed for us, all we knew was 'brother of, been injured, struggled at Ayr'... a couple of months later: 'f**k me, how did we manage to sign him?!'

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Was it Nisbet we had on loan who took the huff, feigned injury then was never seen again? 

Yup, away at Morton I believe? Remember McCall being raging "there's f**k all wrang wi you"

Pretty sure that was Nisbet

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Docherty was never on loan was he? Sure we got him when he left Airdrie.

Worst loans are funny because they can be shite for different reasons. Jack Ruddy is one of the worst for ability and attitude. But you get guys that come here and disappear after a few weeks or just don’t play. Innes Cameron and Jamie Thomas spring to mind. McGavin is the best example of that.

A loan that we never ever got the best out of was Nicky Cadden. I actually liked him for us but he never got a good run of games and then picked up an injury couple of games left.

Sorry, meant Ross Doohan 😅 not Docherty.

Jack ruddy didn't happen and was just your brain playing illusions after eating too many blue Smarties.

I was in the club shop earlier and it was the first time I've been inside the new building. It looks absolutely splendid. 

Also saw some players - including Brad Young - hanging about.

Also went in to buy the away jersey and ended up thinking "f**k it" and buying the home one as well.

Who was the player we signed who apparently tried to attack Brian Reid? He ended up getting his contract ripped up.

There was talk a while back about who exactly Lachlan was referring to when he said there was only one player who was not welcome at Somerset Park. Could it be him?

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Who was the player we signed who apparently tried to attack Brian Reid? He ended up getting his contract ripped up.

There was talk a while back about who exactly Lachlan was referring to when he said there was only one player who was not welcome at Somerset Park. Could it be him?

Stephen McKeown?

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've been going to Ayr games since I was 8 in 1998. I've seen a good few loan signings since then.

Some good (Corrie Ndaba, Ross Docherty etc) and some naff (Johnathan Afolabi, Derek Adams, Brett McGavin***)

I'm still relatively young in my Ayr supporting career, so could I please ask who the worst loan Ayr have had is and why? 😁👍

***Never seen him play, Couldn't have been that good if he couldn't get a game in that team.

Neil McNabb. Wonderful until he got a contract/payday then downed tools. Probably not the worst but definitely the biggest let down.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

This strip is now a limited addition only 215 adult and 120 kids have been produced , when it’s gone it’s gone 

Are stocks running low currently or still plenty? Would I be able to pop in over the weekend/early next week and buy one?

2 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

I think Jack Ruddy would be a contender for the worst loan in the history of football, let alone the worst loan in our history. Absolute fraud of a goalie.

He's probably the worst goalie I've seen play for us. And I include Cherrie, Hillcoat and Barry John Corr in that.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Would Rangers let him go on a free based on a sell on from Livi, therefor hoping he develops there, playing premier league football? Could Livi match or better his wage at Rangers? 

Can Ayr persuade Kelly that Ayr are a better option? Assuming Ayr pick up a % of his wage, he’ll earn the same money for the season, he’ll be free to negotiate his own deal next summer. 

Assuming there is any truth in it at all, I think it would be about 70/30 in Livi’s favour 

Apparently we've agreed a deal and the move is done for him to sign permanently. Don't think it's a spectacular signing as he'll likely sit on the bench this season and get some games in rotation. What type of midfielder actually is he though?