The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

As much as I think he is just guessing most of the time and recycling stuff that’s already common knowledge he was the 1st to call it with Frankie Musonda. 

Boy throws so much shite at a wall pretending to be itk, one was bound to stick eventually.

'Ayr happy but would like one more' - he has literally just read and summarised the last page on here and posted it as news.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Would seem like a waste as we have McAllister, Bangala and at a push Hewitt that can cover CB and as long as we stick with a back 4 it's likely either our captain or a highly rated Arsenal kid is already sitting on the bench.

Bullen will probably want to keep Hewitt's around due to his versatility but given his injury last season loaning him or Smith to a L1/2 club until even January so they get regular game time could allow us to bring in that creative CM we might need.

Yeah well it seems now it's Stephen Kelly who we're enquiring about...

As @D'Jaffo said recently not entirely sure where Kelly would fit in tbh with our current setup but as Livi fans said if he was to go there they've already got a glutten of midfielders so we may well look like a more attractive option.

Would guess there'll be more than just Livi and ourselves in for him though. 

Sorry but I’m not buying that Kelly news. Livi want a permanent deal whereas we want a loan. Surely even the club would be pushing for the Livi move as they could easily install a sell on clause whereas he’d only be coming here to run down his contract.

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

E77DE5A0-AAC1-4447-861F-893C6EE652CC.png

As much as I'd love to see Kelly come back, I'd wager that guy has just read this thread over the last few days and speculated that we would like him on loan and that Livi may consider a long term deal.

Would Rangers let him go on a free based on a sell on from Livi, therefor hoping he develops there, playing premier league football? Could Livi match or better his wage at Rangers? 

Can Ayr persuade Kelly that Ayr are a better option? Assuming Ayr pick up a % of his wage, he’ll earn the same money for the season, he’ll be free to negotiate his own deal next summer. 

Assuming there is any truth in it at all, I think it would be about 70/30 in Livi’s favour 

Could you please maybe try for a permanent deal? Really low fee but give rangers an option of a buy back similar to what we did with Houston.

A midfield 3 of Murdoch, Dempsey and Kelly is *chefs kiss*

ETA: @ryanayr1987 great minds eh?

Edited by ayrunitedfw

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Do a Houston.

Funnily enough I believe that Houston and Kelly are really good mates, so one thing in our favour would be the good reports that I'd imagine Houston has given him about life under Bullen and the new regime.

That said, I still find it unbelievable that we would SERIOUSLY be in with a chance of signing him but I suppose we can dream.....

Just now, WATTOO said:

Funnily enough I believe that Houston and Kelly are really good mates, so one thing in our favour would be the good reports that I'd imagine Houston has given him about life under Bullen and the new regime.

That said, I still find it unbelievable that we would SERIOUSLY be in with a chance of signing him but I suppose we can dream.....

Kelly and McAdams are also friends. 

I've been going to Ayr games since I was 8 in 1998. I've seen a good few loan signings since then.

Some good (Corrie Ndaba, Ross Docherty etc) and some naff (Johnathan Afolabi, Derek Adams, Brett McGavin***)

I'm still relatively young in my Ayr supporting career, so could I please ask who the worst loan Ayr have had is and why? 😁👍

***Never seen him play, Couldn't have been that good if he couldn't get a game in that team.

I've been going to Ayr games since I was 8 in 1998. I've seen a good few loan signings since then.
Some good (Corrie Ndaba, Ross Docherty etc) and some naff (Johnathan Afolabi, Derek Adams, Brett McGavin***)
I'm still relatively young in my Ayr supporting career, so could I please ask who the worst loan Ayr have had is and why? [emoji16][emoji106]
***Never seen him play, Couldn't have been that good if he couldn't get a game in that team.

Docherty was never on loan was he? Sure we got him when he left Airdrie.

Worst loans are funny because they can be shite for different reasons. Jack Ruddy is one of the worst for ability and attitude. But you get guys that come here and disappear after a few weeks or just don’t play. Innes Cameron and Jamie Thomas spring to mind. McGavin is the best example of that.

A loan that we never ever got the best out of was Nicky Cadden. I actually liked him for us but he never got a good run of games and then picked up an injury couple of games left.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Docherty was never on loan was he? Sure we got him when he left Airdrie.

Worst loans are funny because they can be shite for different reasons. Jack Ruddy is one of the worst for ability and attitude. But you get guys that come here and disappear after a few weeks or just don’t play. Innes Cameron and Jamie Thomas spring to mind. McGavin is the best example of that.

A loan that we never ever got the best out of was Nicky Cadden. I actually liked him for us but he never got a good run of games and then picked up an injury couple of games left.

Stephen Reynolds is surely the answer for worst career trajectory. Packed it in after being with us to go sell ice cream.