The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

move to a different country

Get what you’re saying and technically correct, but stretching it a bit here 😂

That said we may as well be speaking a foreign language.

Edited by bazka6

3 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Get what you’re saying and technically correct, but stretching it a bit here 😂

That said we may as well be speaking a foreign language.

I'm a card carrying Nationalist, so it's DEFINITELY a different country for me 😀

Is that us now do we think ? or are we still looking at someone else ??

I'm pretty happy with the business done so can't complain if nothing more but obviously wouldn't be too upset if we were to add someone else !!

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The original tweet of deadline day is giving me an thought of maybe another in, or possibly someone going out.

Only way I see someone going out would be if we are getting someone else in as we don’t have that much depth.

I expect anyone going out would be one of the youngsters.

9 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Given he spent the first half of last year on loan at Carlise he should have an idea of what is required, although given he was recalled in January as he wasnt guaranteed enough game time you would assume he is going to be starting most weeks

In place of who?

On the face of it a 5'9 striker who has only scored against academy sides isn't one to be buzzing about.  

See how he goes though.

ETA - wonder if he'll be more of a wide forward like Ashford is. 

Edited by itzdrk

Looking at our business I'd say we have had one of the better transfer windows in the championship, we asked for an attacking mid/winger we got it, we asked for another striker even if he is unproven got it. I'm a pretty happy honest man today looking forward to the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

On the face of it a 5'9 striker who has only scored against academy sides isn't one to be buzzing about.  

See how he goes though.

ETA - wonder if he'll be more of a wide forward like Ashford is. 

I think if we were to set a realistic target for him, coming off the bench most weeks, occasionally starting, 5-10 goals is probably what we can expect so that has to be taken in to consideration. 
McKenzie and Ashford are playing regularly, while they are playing well and contributing to results, they don’t look like they will be hitting those numbers at the moment.
If goals from Akinyemi dry up or he is missing for a few weeks it could be an issue.