The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Mullin should be a decent addition as long as he doesnt carry last seasons form. 

The vegetarian talk a few pages back, made me think of how we STILL dont have veggie options in the kiosks. Annoying when teams like Irvine Meadow can offer a macaroni pie option. Anyway, rant over 🤣

We do, the new stall on the North Terrace did macaroni pies at the Hamilton game. I had one, nom nom.

19 hours ago, bazka6 said:

WTF did Hoppy live on, avocados and coconuts? Guy looks like he barely steps out the chippy.

The idea that a vegetarian diet magically makes you healthy is a complete myth.

My brother has been a vegetarian for 25+ years and he's a fat b*****d.

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently tried to get the catering staff sacked and replaced with his own people and when this wasn’t backed by Smith it was used as a reason for why the players weren’t performing. He’s big into the whole veggie diets and is a vegetarian himself. Think most professional footballers will tell you that you’ll struggle to have enough energy on a no meat diet.

Forest Green did this (even went as far as banning meat from the pie stalls) but they had the excuse that Dale Vince was a multimillionaire who was funding everything, as opposed to a complete charlatan.

2 hours ago, Ayrmai said:

If it is Brad Young he looks good 

He looks quite sharp but this football is levels apart from playing with seasoned pros in Scotland - some players take to it whilst others can't cope with the physicality. Alex Kirk thought he could waltz past the Elgin players in his debut and he got caught a few times, Bullen did the right thing by taking him out and getting him used to the game up here. Hopefully this lad can settle in quickly and get used to the pro game - we will definitely need him.

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I hope sinisalo has spoken to this guy and has explained how tough this league is. It’s the reason I don’t like loans from academies, some just think it’s like playing under 21 games but it’s a completely different game

Hopefully. As well as ability, though, I think it's partly down to attitude. I thought in Kirk's interview he seemed pretty mature and as well as testing himself on the park he realised the challenges of moving away from the academy bubble and having to look after things himself.

I hope sinisalo has spoken to this guy and has explained how tough this league is. It’s the reason I don’t like loans from academies, some just think it’s like playing under 21 games but it’s a completely different game
I think this is one area Bullen truly excels at he's come from that U21 academy background his job was to get these young boys ready for mens football, I dont think it's a coincidence that almost every young player either coming in from outside like McInroy or our own guys from the academy have all looked better after working with him, young Kirk after a not so great debut looks class now.

12 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Hopefully. As well as ability, though, I think it's partly down to attitude. I thought in Kirk's interview he seemed pretty mature and as well as testing himself on the park he realised the challenges of moving away from the academy bubble and having to look after things himself.

100%

The very fact that this boy (and the likes of Kirk and Sinisalo) were prepared to put their heads on the chopping board and not only leave their cosy club environment but move to a different country where they've no friends or family around tells you that they have a drive and a will to succeed when many around them are quite happy stagnating in a comfortable environment.

It doesn't always work out of course but I think you need to applaud these guys who are willing to make the move for even trying.