The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If McKenzie could even chip in with a few goals we’d be sorted as he’s doing everything else right. Need to be careful we don’t bring another striker in that disrupts how well we’ve been playing.

Given how well the team are playing at the moment any new signing will need to earn their place.

Competition can only be a good thing and should encourage the players to not allow their levels to drop. 

We definitely need someone in as cover, but it needs to be someone who is happy (and their club is happy) for them to be on the bench most weeks and not a definite starter.

Even though we are doing well, having someone that can make an impact off the bench is going to be required when things are not going to plan, never mind covering for injuries

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

looks like Stephen Kelly will be going to Livingston so ends that slim hope

If it’s a loan deal I hope to f**k it falls through :D I’d take him permanently but as a loan he’d be nowhere near a starter for us this season.

Mullin will be a good one for you lot, so long as you play him at RW. Anywhere else and you’d be wasting his ability really. Fantastic crosser of the ball, pacey down the wing and a decent finisher as well. I’d never in a million years see him as a CAM/CM type player as I don’t think he has the composure on the ball to do a job there. 

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I’d take him permanently but as a loan he’d be nowhere near a starter for us this season.

Kelly would be wasting yet another season if he went to a club where he isn't wanted/needed in the starting eleven imv. His agent/faithur would be doing him a disservice to advise him to go to a club that could have him on the bench most of the time. He was excellent while at Somerset Park and I'd take him back any time even though our current midfield are performing really well......but we're only an injury away from having a problem in there. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Kelly would be wasting yet another season if he went to a club where he isn't wanted/needed in the starting eleven imv. His agent/faithur would be doing him a disservice to advise him to go to a club that could have him on the bench most of the time. He was excellent while at Somerset Park and I'd take him back any time even though our current midfield are performing really well......but we're only an injury away from having a problem in there. 

I'd take him. Good player.

29 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

The only thing I can think is that it’s a permanent deal, he’d likely get 3 years on a deal with us. It’ll give him a season of rotation/sub appearances and once he’s settled he can replace someone. 

Based on our current squad he would be behind Omeonga, Holt, Kelly, Shinnie, Pittman and Bitsindou, so about 7th choice CM. 

A few out of contract next season though which is why the move now maybe makes sense - but zero point in us taking him if it’s just the one season

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Will that mean a new forward from England similar to Tomi and Dipo on way then ? Hope so 

Are cross border free agents tied to the window or is it just loans/transfers? 
Loan wise I would guess someone from either Burnley (now we've ingratiated them with our third kit) or Sheff Wed (Bully connection)?

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Will we get another imminent tonight? Hopefully get a permanent signing from England rather than a loan from  an academy 

I would think a loan as we currently only have 2 , someone like Kirk from a decent club would be a good addition 

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Partnership with NASA announced.

Hopefully this can be a launch pad for something amazing.

It would've been better if this had happened when Hopkin was here  so we could've fired the complete rocket into the sun.