The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He didn't work out for us but he was signed by Rice just before Taylor came in and changed how our wingers played. Unbelievable delivery from set-pieces and open play but the latter wasn't utilised enough due to playing as an 8 and then in a midfield two. Can definitely see how he'd be better in the right setup though.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He didn't work out for us but he was signed by Rice just before Taylor came in and changed how our wingers played. Unbelievable delivery from set-pieces and open play but the latter wasn't utilised enough due to playing as an 8 and then in a midfield two. Can definitely see how he'd be better in the right setup though.

That's probably our weakest suit at the moment so hopefully Josh can help us out there. I watched him a good few times at Kilbirnie before he hit the big time and he always stood out a mile as a classy operator who was far too good for the Juniors.

I’m pleased you guys are getting a bit of success. You deserve it. That’s Killie sold over 5000 season tickets, an all time record during a cost of living crisis. It shows you what a club from a small town can do. Your town needs to start responding in the same way. It’s the only way you’ll progress. You’re welcome. 

Edited by Rugbypark

Good thing is he will know he is playing for a two year contract and some security for his family  which will keep him hungry, Oconner for me had his best game in an Ayr jersey on Friday which really surprised me, I believe he is doing it in training games but not in actual games up until Friday which has been really frustrating for Bullen, if he keeps Friday form he will be in the team every week a strikers dream getting crosses in to the box to feed on.

No place for him now , it’s another scoring forward we need 

If McKenzie could even chip in with a few goals we’d be sorted as he’s doing everything else right. Need to be careful we don’t bring another striker in that disrupts how well we’ve been playing.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If McKenzie could even chip in with a few goals we’d be sorted as he’s doing everything else right. Need to be careful we don’t bring another striker in that disrupts how well we’ve been playing.

I think if they are significantly better then they won’t upset the team as they will deserve to be there. If they come in and are no better than ashford/Mckenzie and they lose their spot then that may cause an issue but I think the squad is a good bunch and are all good competitors so will be happy to fight for a place 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought he played well on Friday night. Some good pressing from the front and he made a nuisance of himself.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I thought he played well on Friday night. Some good pressing from the front and he made a nuisance of himself.

Ye, I'm a fan of Mackenzie - his work rate is tremendous, just needs to add a goal here and there to cement his place imv. He 'earned' the two bookings that got Sweeney red-carded on Friday and he's exactly the kind of player that defenders hate playing against - never gives up and always chases seemingly lost causes. Great attitude and still young enough to improve.   

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

I’m pleased you guys are getting a bit of success. You deserve it. That’s Killie sold over 5000 season tickets, an all time record during a cost of living crisis. It shows you what a club from a small town can do. Your town needs to start responding in the same way. It’s the only way you’ll progress. You’re welcome. 

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif